Hows the summer going

So far so good it has not been to overly hot YET!! I am getting a New 1100 Remington Sporting 28 Gauge. It is on order and should be here in a week. That will keep me going to the gun clubs shooting clays. Until the hunting season gets here........Bob

Work, work, work. Not much fun time this year. Will miss most of the trial season even. I am doing a bunch of stuff at home in any free time, with the new field going in and getting a kennel building built. So for a while after work I will be working.:D have fun fishing. Maybe next summer I can kick back some.

Spent all day underneath my brush mower busting a nut trying to get the last bolt out. 3 of 4 came out fine but the last one was stripped. Impact wrench could not even turn so I wielded the break bar and pipe wrench.

Got back goin and mowed a bucnh of weeds to release some of the NWSG planted around the shack.

I did take a week vacation with the wife for our anniversary. Went golfing at the Wilderness in Tower MN.

92 degrees here at the farm today.

Coaching or watching baseball and softball but we finished last week. Thank God, 5 or 6 nights a week, about all we get done is mowing the grass. Did get garden in but losing battle to the weeds hope to remedy that before I leave for vacation Friday. Get to go fishing for a week with wife and kids, Gills, pike and maybe a salmon trip the only problem with vacation is I needed to take week off to get everything around to go. The dogs been neglected and so has my gettin shape plan.

Well I started a new position which has allowed me a lot of free time, my girls go to year round school I was able to take them to their first day of school for the first time ever (1st and 3rd graders)!! Doing a lot of stuff with the new pup went fishing a few times, now plan on heading up to the mountains and doing some fly fishing for the first time in a couple of weeks. Overall I have had a really nice relaxing summer a real change of pace for me. Uncle Sam has allowed me to truly relax and recover!!!

Coaching or watching baseball and softball but we finished last week. Thank God, 5 or 6 nights a week, about all we get done is mowing the grass. Did get garden in but losing battle to the weeds hope to remedy that before I leave for vacation Friday. Get to go fishing for a week with wife and kids, Gills, pike and maybe a salmon trip the only problem with vacation is I needed to take week off to get everything around to go. The dogs been neglected and so has my gettin shape plan.

I've been using the too busy excuse too and so has my wife. The summer is full of trips to the lake, fishing at the river, drinking, baseball, drinking in the A/C, and drinking in the shade. I don't like the summer so much and neither do my bird dogs. They don't even care to get out and run when it is this hot.

rotten summer. the great capt cootie has not invited me over for golf, fishing, or shooting. all he does is come over to my place and eat. even picks on my dog clyde!!! he complains constantly. something about a cow. i'm not sure, i am usually tuning him out when he talks. if he eats any more they will have to count him as 2 people in the boat at devils lake.:D:D

Been fishing alot, playing softball, pool days, float trips, and workin.... Heading to Colorado to see a new baby with the gf in Aug. Hoping to squeze in a little fishing while i'm there. Trying to get the dog out as much as possible, but not near what it should be. Put a few cases of Coors light in between all of those and thats my summer in a nutshell.

rotten summer. the great capt cootie has not invited me over for golf, fishing, or shooting. all he does is come over to my place and eat. even picks on my dog clyde!!! he complains constantly. something about a cow. i'm not sure, i am usually tuning him out when he talks. if he eats any more they will have to count him as 2 people in the boat at devils lake.:D:D

I hope they count me as to people that means twice the fish:) That don't madder to you Blackcloud you can't catch one:p Remember what your boy told me "I never catch fish this big with my dad" HA HA HA:D

It's been nice and hot as usual. I've been taking the dogs swimming a lot, I think my male could make a good dock dog. Laying asphalt when it is 108 isn't much fun. Also I've been soaking my crawdad traps and catching quite a few , the canals are loaded this year. Other than that just trying to get on new private property for this season.

I hope they count me as to people that means twice the fish:) That don't madder to you Blackcloud you can't catch one:p Remember what your boy told me "I never catch fish this big with my dad" HA HA HA:D

of course he never catchs fish that big with me. we catch rainbow trout,walleyes and bluegills. you took him to the pasture and caught a big old carp.

Summer's OK; Fall's Better

Gus the Brittany and I are walking every morning to maintain shape for huntin'. I got a new blaze orange boonie so I will be maximally visible come this season. Best of all, I just traded in a new gun that did not fit me for one that does.

Gus the Brittany and I are walking every morning to maintain shape for huntin'. I got a new blaze orange boonie so I will be maximally visible come this season. Best of all, I just traded in a new gun that did not fit me for one that does.

I want details Britchaser:D Mention a new gun it should be manditory on uph that you give the make and model:) Hope you have many happy hunts with new gun:thumbsup:

Work work and a lot more work. I received a promotion so now I over see everything in the shop. From shipping to production schedule and I am still the lead fabricator as well. I also started doing sub contract work for our sister company in my free time. Well at least whats left of it. Still make it a point to get the dog out running at least four times a week to keep him in shape. I'm looking forward to fall as thats when we start to slow down and will be back to 40 hours a week instead of 60+. Not complaining though as this is when I make all my extra money for hunting gear and trips. Just wish the humidity would go away.

I did take a week vacation with the wife for our anniversary. Went golfing at the Wilderness in Tower MN.

UGuide
I have a fun story.
My uncles grandfather won a section of land during a porker game. :thumbsup:
The section is located in Tower MN next to Bear Head Park.
I could never be so lucky.

Back