Howdy Folks!

TEX-O-BOB

I just found this sight by accident the other day while surfing around. I've been a life long lover of all things bird hunting but pheasants are king in my book! Over the years I've hunted them in just about every state with a huntable population and logged thousands of ours on the road getting there. I own a pack of well oiled Drahthaars and love talking shop with other gun dog and bird hunting enthusiasts.I make my home in Kaysville Utah with my beautiful wife and 19 year old son and I am a full time bird taxidermist.

Glad to be here,

Darin Gardner

webdogs.jpg

frankencock.jpg

Darin, Welcome to UPH. Nice looking dogs you have there. Nice looking mount also. I hope you pull up a chair and spend some time posting on this sight.:)

Look at those tail feathers! Beautiful bird. Welcome to our wonderful site.

Darin,

It is alway'sgreat to see new members with some good looking dog power. I am almost jelious of those Drahthaars! Enjoy UPH and look forward to your posts.:coolpics:

Gunner

Welcome Darin and I hope to see you often on the site. Great looking dogs and I love that pheasant mount. In 55 years of pheasant hunting I've never had one mounted. Maybe something I should do. But then the wife wasn't impressed with the elk horns I had mounted this year. If you are ever in SD look me up.

Welcome Darin and I hope to see you often on the site. Great looking dogs and I love that pheasant mount. In 55 years of pheasant hunting I've never had one mounted. Maybe something I should do. But then the wife wasn't impressed with the elk horns I had mounted this year. If you are ever in SD look me up.

after 55 years you owe it to yourself!

Thanks guys! That bird has an interesting story...

A friend of mine went to Nor Dak late in the year with the soul purpose of getting a big mounter. He shot some really nice birds but his Pudel Pointer would always mess them up on the retrieve. Finally he lunged one and sailed it a half mile away before it gave up the ghost and fell to earth dead as a hammer waaaaay out in the middle of this big CRP patch. The dog didn't see it fall so he just shot a "B" line and ran over there to try and find the bird himself. It was a perfect bird with not a feather out of place and one pellet through the lungs.

So he shows up in my shop with these three HUGE roosters. One with a 26 inch tail, one with 7/8" spurs, and one big fat toad off a bird with an OK tail and spurs. "I want the tail off this one, the spurs off this one, and the feathers off this one..." He says. "Can you make one good bird outa all three of these?" Well, I went to work and ended up with this beautiful piece. We named him "Frankencock":D

Get this! The big toad of a bird we used for the feathers had 5 (FIVE) full grown mice in his craw.:eek: Biggest fattest wild rooster I've ever seen...

Back