How does Plateau affect Wildflowers?

Freeborn

I’m planning on planting 15 acres in a shorter NWSG mix and I'm thinking of applying 2oz of Plateau per acre. Will the plateau cause me any problems with germination of either my grasses or flowers? Here is the mix I am thinking of planting.

Canada Wildrye
Big Bluestem
Sidegoats Grama
Blue Grama
Switch grass
Slender Wheatgrass
Black-eyed Susan
Partridge Pea
Purple Coneflower
Yellow Coneflower
Maximillion Sunflower
Yarrow
Purple Prairie Clover
Illinois Bundleflower

If I were you I'd try to find a label for Plateau, maybe google it. I know that it supresses several special of forbes/wildflowers.

What ever you find out proceed with caution. Plateau is labeled for dogwoods. I sprayed around my dogwoods and killed a 100 of them.

I’m planning on planting 15 acres in a shorter NWSG mix and I'm thinking of applying 2oz of Plateau per acre. Will the plateau cause me any problems with germination of either my grasses or flowers? Here is the mix I am thinking of planting.

Canada Wildrye
Big Bluestem
Sidegoats Grama
Blue Grama
Switch grass
Slender Wheatgrass
Black-eyed Susan
Partridge Pea
Purple Coneflower
Yellow Coneflower
Maximillion Sunflower
Yarrow
Purple Prairie Clover
Illinois Bundleflower

Freeborn,
I would send a PM to Prairie Drifter and ask him. I know he regularly uses it and will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Freeborn, my opinion is plateau is a great tool for diverse mixes but you must know your mix and you must read thru the label many times in order to tweak your rate. however, 2 OZ/acre is pretty light and should not cause to much suppression.

I cant help you with the Plateau question, but are you sure you want Canada wild rye in your mix?

If I were you I'd try to find a label for Plateau, maybe google it. I know that it supresses several special of forbes/wildflowers.

Thanks Guys but I was able to find a Plateau label and at 2oz per acre I should be fine. It looks like everything I'm planting can handle a minimum of 4oz which I am under.

Looking forward to spring, it can't come to soon for me.

Thanks again.

I cant help you with the Plateau question, but are you sure you want Canada wild rye in your mix?

I agree, see the dangerous seeds thread at the top of the habitat thread. Nasty stuff!

Back