Hotels in Huron

Dogs can be better guests than people.
I travel with 3 if not 4 dogs a lot of the time. There's been times my "dog fees" are as much or close to the room cost and thats tough to swallow when they are kenneled and leave no mess behind that I ever see. I used to lie and just pay for like 1 but the "park at the room door" motels aren't always around so they see them go by front desk and usually they make you sign a sheet saying you've disclosed all dogs or they will charge your card double or whatever. I haven't thought it was worth the hassle to hide them the last few years

Last edited:
I travel with 3 if not 4 dogs a lot of the time. There's been times my "dog fees" are as much or close to the room cost and thats tough to swallow when they are kenneled and leave no mess behind that I ever see. I used to lie and just pay for like 1 but the "park at the room door" motels aren't always around so they see them go by front desk and usually they make you sign a sheet saying you've disclosed all dogs or they will charge your card double or whatever. I haven't thought it was worth the hassle to hide them the last few years
The dog fees are getting ridicules. I have tried sneaking around etc., and like you it isn't worth it to me. I let them know up front and live with the cost.

I have my cousin create a diversion while I slip in with the dogs.

Dakota Inn is solid, especially for the price. It’s pretty basic, but it works if you're not too fussy about things like Wi-Fi. I also found the Super 8 to be decent, especially with the breakfast and indoor pool, though the rooms don’t have outside access if that matters to you.
As for other options, I’ve heard good things about the Quality Inn, especially for those with dogs. It might be worth looking into for your next trip. If you’re planning on flying in, consider looking at business class flights for a smoother travel experience. It’s a bit of extra comfort, especially on longer trips.

Last edited:
I've never had an issue at the Dakota Inn.. They seem to be the most reasonable price-wise (though their prices seems to go up each year) and it isn't so nice that I feel bad about having my dogs in the room with me. I wish the Wi-Fi was a little better.. They used to have a flat rate for having dogs with you ($30 per stay) but I think it's now $15 per night, per dog...
Those dog rates are bs.

What you do, is light a cherry bomb as a diversion. Then book in with the dogs.

Back