Hi from Colorado

Herbie

Hello! This forum is amazing! Thank you guys for posting so much info. My wife looks at me like I'm crazy every time I talk about how much I love pheasant hunting. Here I feel like I'm normal. Anyway, thanks for having this forum and I look forward to learning as much as possible from you folks!

Lucas "Herbie"

Thanks UplandHntr! I have a yellow lab who just turned a year. He is already a huntin fool! I'm trying to attach a picture from our last "hunt" (I bought birds to get him more practice).

No I never hunt him with a choke collar. We had just got back to the clubhouse, I put his collar on so I could put him back in the kennel. That shotgun is a Russian made Baikal MP310 12ga. I know a lot of people bash the budget over/unders. That's the first time I took it out and it worked great for me. Don't expect it to last as long as my 870 or my Beretta 390 but it will do for now.

I shot a Stoeger O/U for many years. Never had an issue with it. I shot it well too. If it had ejectors I'd still have it. I shoot a CZ now. Folks bash it too.
Ok youre approved !!:D:D Get after em !!:D:D

Glad I'm approved UplanHntr! For what it's worth that Baikal has ejectors and extractors (switch between the two with the turn of a screw). I like the looks of the CZ's but have never shot one.

welcome Herbie, don't be a stranger as we all look forward to hearing from each other. If you shoot Sporting Clays are want to try it out, go to the Colorado site here and check out the Sporting Clays shoot we are going to have in May.

Wow! Thank you guys! copheasanthunter I will check out the sporting clays deal for sure! Haven't shot sporting clays since college that should be fun!

Welcome Herbie from an Aurora, CO lab guy. Try to make plans to join us at Kiowa Creek Sporting Club on May 10 at 9:30 for sporting clays. Here's my 3 yr old Parker sporting his shiny new Sylmar vest in NoDak this past October. Lately he's been a 24/7 chew-toy for 5 mo. old Brady out of KB Kennels Pointing Labs in Pierce, CO.

Tom

Thanks Tom! Wow good lookin pup you got there! I work weekends usually so I'm just gonna have to wait and see if we are busy that Saturday. If I can get away I will be there for sure! Sounds like a blast and you guys have all been so nice it would be great to meet you all! Thanks again!

Hello! This forum is amazing! Thank you guys for posting so much info. My wife looks at me like I'm crazy every time I talk about how much I love pheasant hunting. Here I feel like I'm normal. Anyway, thanks for having this forum and I look forward to learning as much as possible from you folks!

Lucas "Herbie"

Pheasant hunters are very sane. Now people that don't pheasant hunt are questionable.:)

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome to uph!!!! Enjoy and share when you can!!!:cheers:

Back