HeviShot Pheasant

If it is an older shotgun maybe the Hevishot Classic Doubles is the
ammo you need

Wingseeker, it's possible. However, after reading the article by Randy Wakeman that compares Hevishot Classic Doubles to Kent Tungsten Matrix, I'm skeptical it's the best no-tox option. I haven't patterned Hevishot Classic Doubles out of my BUL 20 gauge, but I have patterned Kent Tungsten Matrix. The Kent load looks like it's going to work well for me.

Wingseeker, it's possible. However, after reading the article by Randy Wakeman that compares Hevishot Classic Doubles to Kent Tungsten Matrix, I'm skeptical it's the best no-tox option. I haven't patterned Hevishot Classic Doubles out of my BUL 20 gauge, but I have patterned Kent Tungsten Matrix. The Kent load looks like it's going to work well for me.

I am pretty sure Wingseeker is working for Hevi-junk, so that is why he keeps spamming about it on this site!

I am pretty sure Wingseeker is working for Hevi-junk, so that is why he keeps spamming about it on this site!

It is interesting that wingseeker never answered your question on this thread about whether or not he/she is working for HeviShot and didn't answer Bird Buster's question a few posts later.

I got a case of the 12ga 6's to try this year. Not cheap but just plan to use them on public land roosters. Interested to see how it works. I hate steel for pheasants.

Would be less abrasive if wingseeker would just change his screen name.
could go with hev i shot or hev-i-shot. Would search the same
A simple response like non tox rox or even shotgun shells are cool would keep the hits up

Spam sucks but with some humor I be more inclined to buy a product

wingseeker is back at it on another thread. I called him out again and if I see one more post of his about Hevi-Shot he'll get a warning or maybe even an outright ban. I looked and over half of his posts have been promoting Hevi-Shot.

wingseeker is back at it on another thread. I called him out again and if I see one more post of his about Hevi-Shot he'll get a warning or maybe even an outright ban. I looked and over half of his posts have been promoting Hevi-Shot.

THANKS for staying on top of this guy, George.

Clearly the guy's a spammer and UPH forum doesn't have room for him.:mad:

Ban the spammers.:10sign:

NB

THANKS for staying on top of this guy, George.

Clearly the guy's a spammer and UPH forum doesn't have room for him.:mad:

Ban the spammers.:10sign:

NB

Spam like this does nothing but hurt a product. Funny way to advertise. :)

I found some Kent TM for my old model 24 online last night. I got it for $27 per box which seems high but beats the $50 per box everywhere it's being sold. I went with the Kent instead of the hevi-shot classic double due to the faster load...

I don't use either steel nor Hevi shot in my older guns, I use either lead , Bismuth, or Nice Shot.
I have at times switched out my lead loads for #4 Nice Shot with the same charge( 30 grains H110 and 7/8 oz of payload) to jump shoot ducks while hunting pheasants, and haven't bothered to switch back.
Nice shot takes care of both birds quite nicely!
DT

Last edited:
I looked on Precision Reloading's web site and Nice Shot was listed at $62.99 for 2.2 lbs. Is that the normal price?

At that price one could only get roughly 35 1 oz. loads from that 2.2 lbs. And only 31 1 1/8 oz. loads. We are talking almost $2 per round just for the shot. Then add the cost of powder, hulls and wads it wouldn't appear much cheaper than shooting factory loaded Kent TM that I can buy for just under $3 a round. Am I missing something?

Nice shot is expensive, no doubt about it!:eek:
However, when i started using it, could find no substitute Non-tox stuff up here for my vntage guns.
Since then i have been using bismuth and it is a bit cheaper.
Most of the guns i shoot however, are black powder cartridge guns, and trying to find low pressure ammo is impossible, that is why started using that stuff to begin with.
I have to live with the cost.
the upside is tha I can use lead for my uland hunting still!:cheers:
DT

Nice shot is expensive, no doubt about it!:eek:
However, when i started using it, could find no substitute Non-tox stuff up here for my vntage guns.
Since then i have been using bismuth and it is a bit cheaper.
Most of the guns i shoot however, are black powder cartridge guns, and trying to find low pressure ammo is impossible, that is why started using that stuff to begin with.
I have to live with the cost.
the upside is tha I can use lead for my uland hunting still!:cheers:
DT

Has anybody tried ITX? I got some, again pricey, 7# for $169.00! I will work up some loads and see what we have. Kent does not sell shot as far as I know, but I had great results with the Tungsten - Matrix, before, and I was glad it was re-introduced.

Non toxic shot older gun

I use Kent tungsten matrix in a Win 101 20 ga. 1 oz 5 or 6 works great on pheasants. The only negative is the cost.

Has anybody tried ITX? I got some, again pricey, 7# for $169.00! I will work up some loads and see what we have. Kent does not sell shot as far as I know, but I had great results with the Tungsten - Matrix, before, and I was glad it was re-introduced.

I tried ITX but loading the Nice shot is a bit less of a hassle as you can go straight across from lead the lead data using Nice hot.
DT

Back