Here we go again-----SNOW

SDJIM

Three inches today --thats 67 inches for the yr (28 inches above normal) and they are saying 4 to 7 inches more tonight and tomorrow-- then the temp goes up and from wed thru sat it is just going to be rain AH spring time in SD:eek:

I know you guys have had it with the snow but they are saying the TX Panhandle is facing the worst drought since 1916...OUCH. Everyday is a grass fire somewhere. I know it's not snow but it is miserable here as well.

I know you guys have had it with the snow but they are saying the TX Panhandle is facing the worst drought since 1916...OUCH. Everyday is a grass fire somewhere. I know it's not snow but it is miserable here as well.

I am sick of this, but it is better than a drought. I feel for you.

Snow in April is nothing more than a nuisance. In a couple days you won't even know it snowed.

Those wild fires in Texas on the other hand is no nuisance and I hope they get a break in the weather down there, especially the wind.

Snow vs Fire

Snow is really not a problem most of the time but wild fire is pure terror.

We (the Black Hills of SD) were in bad fire seasons about 5 yrs ago and it was not fun living in the forrest. A 80,000 acre crowning forrest fire is a real BEAST.

I feel real sorry for those in the south right now---I know how you feel

JIM

For you living in Aberdeen or ND, are there ANY bids left??? Murdo got blasted again with another deep snow as well. After several great years, I hope mother nature isn't extracting a revenge against the game.

I'm quite sure the pheasants have taken a hit in this area. Hopefully we will have good nesting conditions. I guess we'll know more when the GFP does their road count surveys in August.

I'm quite sure the pheasants have taken a hit in this area. Hopefully we will have good nesting conditions. I guess we'll know more when the GFP does their road count surveys in August.

I agree. If the birds didn't find good winter cover near food they were in trouble. There were alot of birds died on the hiways looking for food. On the other hand as I was feeding cattle and running errands yesterday I saw alot of birds. If we get a good hatch we will be just fine.

Back