Hercules tires anyone???

duckn66

Found what I think is a great deal on some Hercules tires but I've not had any experience with the brand.

Has anyone ever ran any on their vehicles? Good, bad??

I put a set on a taheo pure juke:mad: Cheap yes last long no 15000 side wall cracks deep ones too one real bad but all four had the problem:eek: And didn't cover them:( Just my 2 cents worth:) Got 3 three in the shed cheap:D What is a good tire nowdays? I went back to firestones.

I put some General Grabbers on my Expedition last fall and they seem to be pretty good thus far. They were a little less money than the bigger name brands. General is actually owned by Continental.

I learned my lesson on cheap tires. You get what you pay for. If you want long lasting tires by Michelin or Good Year.

Sounds like I better stick with another set of coopers. Kind of figured they may not be the best tire.

You might try Big-o tires, not cheap but, they wear well. Perelli Scorpions are what I'm running now and they are great tires. 50,000 so far and still look new.:)

I have a set of Trail Digger M/T on a Landcruiser and have been more than surprised at the quality to this point. The road noise is obvious with a M/T tire but the sidewalls and tread have held up well.

Cooper and Hercules are business partners; if I remember correctly, some of their tires are manufactured in the same facilities.

I don't have first hand knowledge of the Herc Terra Trac R/S and Terra Trac D/T, but a local construction company uses them on their fleet vehicles and has had mixed results. The local Hercules distributor has stood behind every tire that has failed, this may be a plus in some people's choice of tires.

I put a set on a taheo pure juke:mad: Cheap yes last long no 15000 side wall cracks deep ones too one real bad but all four had the problem:eek: And didn't cover them:( Just my 2 cents worth:) Got 3 three in the shed cheap:D What is a good tire nowdays? I went back to firestones.

you dont know any thing about tires. you are still trying to figure out why tires always go flat on the bottom:D your dog peeing on tires is why dealer wouldnt stand behind tires.

My Cummins Dodge has a set. Very satisfied with them, but I check pressure, use UV spray (same as we use on inflatables, roto mold kayaks)

I ended up gettting a set of Kumho all terrains. So far so good but I don't have but a couple hundy on them.

The reality is the contact patch on a tire isn't much larger than the palm of your hand. You have 4 of them thats all keeping you on the road, and preventing you from slamming into another car in an emergency. I could never figure how people would spend $35K on a vehicle and drive on junk rubber to save a couple hundred bucks. My wife and kids ride in my car, I buy Michelin for summer and Bridgestone Blizzaks as snow tires. In 30 years I have never had a Michelin tire fail or not give me excellent mileage in between replacements.

Back