Help with a gift idea for the boys

Fellas,

Last year I was invited by a friend to hunt with a group of 6 in South Dakota for pheasants. These guys have been hunting together for years and couldn't be a better bunch of guys.

Luckily, I was invited back this year and I would really like to bring something as a gift for each of them. I'm not looking for anything expensive or fancy, just something that would be appreciated. I have an idea but wanted to hear some thoughts from the experts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

david0311

Fellas,

Last year I was invited by a friend to hunt with a group of 6 in South Dakota for pheasants. These guys have been hunting together for years and couldn't be a better bunch of guys.

Luckily, I was invited back this year and I would really like to bring something as a gift for each of them. I'm not looking for anything expensive or fancy, just something that would be appreciated. I have an idea but wanted to hear some thoughts from the experts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

How about getting some nice blaze hats madeup with date--group name--location ect

If they are drinkers you could give them each a fine bottle of bourbon, whiskey or scotch.

Give us some idea of how much you would like to spend on each person. That would help in coming up with some ideas.

Food or drink usually goes over well, especially if it is something somewhat unique to your locale.

A piece of gear or attire is much more likely to miss the mark unless you know them very well.

Jerry

Food or drink usually goes over well, especially if it is something somewhat unique to your locale.

A piece of gear or attire is much more likely to miss the mark unless you know them very well.

Jerry

Go with a 5th of Makers for each and you will invited back next too...

Jerry

I agree with that. People seem to really enjoy something like that with a little thought behind it. People who let me hunt can expect brandy, a nice bottle of wine and some almonds and pistachios all produce in my county.

I agree with the drink idea. How about a bottle of Bird Dog for each. Its a blackberry whisky that's actually quite good and appropriate for bird hunters.

Makers Mark, Bird Dog? You guys been looking in my liquor cabinet at the cabin? :) Dont forget to try a local favorite (and mine).. 40 Creek..

A embroidered hat would be a great gift commemorating the event and wont break the bank as mentioned above. You could throw in a pair of shooting glasses also. alot of guys dont use them because they dont want to spend the money, but its not alot, and its cheap insurance/protection when hunting in a group.

reddog, you have great taste in whiskeys. I love Forty Creek. It's about all I buy anymore. It's great on the rocks or with a little water but not a whisky you would mix with coke or 7up.

I think a bottle of Forty Creek and a pair of shooting glasses would be a great gift. Can I have one too? :)

I think there's a joke in here somewhere about giving a bottle of bourbon and glasses at the same time:cheers:

These are great ideas, thanks very much for the input, I now have a tough decision to make as to which gift to give!

Thanks again Guys, I really appreciate it.

Good thoughts here.
Give a gift and say thanks.
A steak dinner for the family goes well to. :thumbsup:

Back