Hello from mo

MOBirds

Hey Guys,
Just joined after having done a ton of research on this site. I decided it only made sense to join the group at this point. Anyway, a little background...I live in southwest Missouri and went bird hunting about a year ago for the first time in my life after growing up hunting just about everything else. From the first flush, I was addicted...got in as many hunts before the season ended as I could and a few more at bird reserves before summer hit.

In a years time, I've gotten a Brittany Spaniel pup, a couple gun dog books, and spent nearly every day working with him. Splurged and bought a Browning Citori 725, a dog box for the truck, the necessary gear, and booked a trip to Redfield, SD this November. Yeah, I read the posts about the drought well before I booked the trip...ultimately, a drought year or not...it's SD bird hunting boys and still better than anything else I would be doing for a week or more!!!

All in all, I'm all in and have been counting down the days. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and I truly appreciate all the advice and insights I've already gained from the members of this site. Any advice you could give a first time bird hunter in SD, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
MOBirds

Mobirds,
glad to have you FINALLY :)to the site, as you know there is a lot of great guys here so don't be a stranger. What town in the SW of Missouri do you call home. I lived in Missouri until I went into the military on the other side of the state, South of St. Louis, Mo.

copheasanthunter,
Thanks. Kind of funny, one night last week I was researching something on this site and I realized it would be a heck of a lot easier if I could ask questions once in a while! :) Anyway, I grew up and live just north of Springfield on a family farm. I am in my early 30's so I missed the glory days of quail in Missouri and spent most of my time growing up chasing whitetail, wild turkey, and fishing the lakes.

Splurged and bought a Browning Citori 725

How are you liking that 725?

Just bought a 32" Sporting myself last month. Had a 325 for the past 17 years and while it's a great gun and has served me well, it ain't no 725. :thumbsup:

How are you liking that 725?

Just bought a 32" Sporting myself last month. Had a 325 for the past 17 years and while it's a great gun and has served me well, it ain't no 725. :thumbsup:

I went with the 28" field model, makes me smile every time I shoot it. :D

Welcome. You've gone all in for upland hunting. Share your stories and photos with us and best of luck this season.

Welcome MO.
What dates in Nov are you going to be in Redfield? PM me and we will try to get together. I'm nearby Redfield.

Welcome MoBirds. Southwest Mo. resident myself. Know a couple of spots around the Sedalia area if you ever want to hook up. We're heading to SD the week of Thanksgiving. Drop me a line if ya want.

after having the dogs out tfour times ao far and seeing only one bird, iam a going to save money on shells in mo, so hoping to go to ks twice

Back