Heavy brush, cat tail pounder wanted

Haymaker,

How many pheasants that are hatched and raised on your land fly off your property in the fall and wind up on public ground?
This would be the only benefit to a hunter who does not want to “pay” for hunting access.
I’ve stated before that I’m greatfull that I have good private ground and I’m happy to pay for that access.
If you decided to get out of the business, yes there would be less birds but correct me if I’m wrong but the average “Joe road hunter” public land guy most likely would never shoot a bird that came off your property regardless so to them I don’t think it matters whether you are raising birds and in the business or not.

Except for the guys that hunt here that are going to find someplace else to hunt and that might be public land and therefore more pressure and more guys knocking on doors.

Rubes? Rednecks? Construction workers? Blue Bloods at fancypants lodges?

I guess some might feel superior by dividing people up into particular groups to be scorned.

I tend to see them all as potential Brothers-In-Arms in the fight to preserve our hunting rights and game populations as well as the Second Amendment itself.

Reminds me of Ben Franklin's quote: "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Blue Bloods and Rubes alike.
I don't care about rubes anymore. They are thick in Montana. I do care about these pay hunting places. Thumbs down on paying to hunt!!

This is the goose.Ready and willing to hunt geese this fall in Montana.
OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS—🙄
Maybe you can get set up with someone that-
Can shoot decently—and has a decent trained dog-(maybe even a trailer type) to help you cut down on unnecessary ridiculous crippling percentage 😡
Maybe they could even bring some decent beer and shells

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS—🙄
Maybe you can get set up with someone that-
Can shoot decently—and has a decent trained dog-(maybe even a trailer type) to help you cut down on unnecessary ridiculous crippling percentage 😡
Maybe they could even bring some decent beer and shells
I'm not down on the dog trailer people anymore. It just isn't my thing. For some reason, my dog doesn't like chasing wounded birds. She got spurred one time when she was 4 months old. She is an excellent retriever, and retrieves to hand. I didn't train her to hand me the bird, she just does.

Heavy brush can be tough when its hawthorn/thistle.
When its really cold, wild roosters are rooted deep in the shrub thickets.
IMG_0019.JPG

I’m way late but if you are going this year and schedules align, I’d love to take a trip out. I am primarily a northeastern ruffed grouse hunter but am interested in wild pheasants. I have been thinking about taking a trip to Iowa after Christmas. South Dakota isn’t too much farther.

I have a sense of humor and marginal stories. I also have a young field-bred Springer that I am working with. No camper but I have a cabin in New England with decent grouse hunting if you want to hunt that region.
I think you will like montana. It isn't as gentrified as south Dakota.

No rubes, no orange, no mizers. Other than that, no other requirements. Oh yeah, no drinking while hunting, no dope smoking, no grab ass.
Have never been on a hunt where there hs been any grab ass. Muat happen in the late model pickups.....🤣

Back