Heading to Kansas

And these are wild birds off of ground that isn't stocked with those short tail feathered birds before those out of state groups hit the field?

Ok thanks for letting me know
Hey I don’t have anything against guides, but I hate the trend. Guys are kicking back a 100 a gun a day to the landowner for access. Good for the landowner, the guide and maybe the hunting party. Maybe it keeps some crp in and that’s good.

But I hate to see the guys hunting most every weekend loose the quality walk-in to the guide, or for that matter the guy who only gets out once or twice a year with his kids and can’t afford more than a three or four hundred dollar weekend

All wild. Not sure why you wanna attack me or question me so much. If your ever in NW Kansas hollar.
Nothing against ya buddy just when guides talk about shooting a bunch of birds and hunting walk-in it gets folk's radars up. Sounds like you're on the up and up and thanks for your habitat efforts. Guides get a bad name because of the gray area some operate in by taking groups to public land. I've seen it several times in KS and SD and I think it happens more than some think. I turned a guide in around Lucas last year and I sure hope the warden got there before they got out of the field. Looks like your groups had fun anyhow.

Last edited:
I hunt walk ins by myself with young dogs and to be honest rarely shoot a bird. The birds I kill are all on my land. So shooting a bunch of birds on my land is something I do yes. Don’t hate on me for that. You instantly put me in a category without even knowing me or talking to me. And FYI I guide in Nebraska. I let youths hunt my stuff and introduce kids into hunting behind dogs. Some of us “guides” enjoy hunting ourselves and shooting birds. I do it on MY properties. If I kill 1 or 4 everyday shouldn’t bother you because I manage my stuff for the birds. I came on here to help people and show them where to look for the birds. Y’all came on me hard without knowing anything.

Typical guide tactic. Claim NW KS is loaded w/birds and kill 4 every time out. Forget to mention that it’s in private ground until called out on it. No wonder WIHA is beat to death but then it sure helps the guide bookings……

Back