Has anybody? Is there a time?

onpoint

When you have said or will say, I need no more guns? When you no longer are actively looking for any certain kind of gun?

I'm pretty much there. I would have liked to have had a dedicated clays gun. One that I really didn't care how much ware and tare I put on it but it's not the end of the world if such a gun doesn't come along.

I would say I am there at this point since I do not have the time to do as much shooting and tinkering as I once did. Pretty much now just keep my eye open to snag a super deal if it comes along from someone needing the money. Other than wanting to add a 460 Wby Mag to the safe, just to say I have it, not sure there is much else I want and know for a fact there is nothing else I need. I had not added anything new for quite a while but have recently found some deals on youth models for my duaghter/wife so have had fun buying those.

Matt D

I was having a 460 Wby built some years back. I had bought a bunch of ammo and brass. Acquired a 1917 Enfield Winchester action and had it at a gun smith waiting to be barreled and milled to except the big 460 cartridge. The gun smith was just taking too long and I lost interest. Scrapped the idea.

I think I'm pretty much done. I have 2 SxS's, 2 OU's, and one really ugly auto ;), and I've taken pains to make sure they all fit me, and I shoot them all well enough. I have 3 deer rifles (two levers and a bolt) that can also cover any elk/antelope trips, a couple .22's and that's all I really need or want at this point.

I went through a phase of buying/trading a lot of shotguns looking for that holy grail, but the grail is covered with what I have.

I'm in onpoint's position in that I could probably put a dedicated clays gun to use, but I have a medium weight OU that can take the pounding, and I load light 7/8 oz loads for it, so I can take the pounding.

I have way more that I can shoot and find myself always using the same one or two all of the time anyway but I still keep looking for the "perfect" upland gun. I don't sell or trade anymore because I don't have to. When I die they will go to my non-hunting kids and they will probably sell them on a garage sale for about 1/10 of what they are worth. You guys should probably start checking the obits on a daily basis!!!! LOL:)

I have way more that I can shoot and find myself always using the same one or two all of the time anyway but I still keep looking for the "perfect" upland gun. I don't sell or trade anymore because I don't have to. When I die they will go to my non-hunting kids and they will probably sell them on a garage sale for about 1/10 of what they are worth. You guys should probably start checking the obits on a daily basis!!!! LOL:)

My wife has explicit instructions on who to contact if I am no longer here to make sure fair value is gotten for the items in the safe. This person gets their choice of the one they want for themsleves as their payment for helping her with this. Seems like a good deal all around.

Matt D

I have explicit orders that my guns are NOT for sale. they are to remain in the family forever..period!!! I want many generations to hunt and enjoy them. Always remembering the grandfather, great grandfather, Etc that handed them down to them. They best be taken well care of too or I''l be back and haunt their Ars!

Three hunting sons; they have already staked their claim...:)

For shotguns I am good to go. A Beretta 391 gets the nod 95% of the time and I couldn't be more pleased with the 7 seasons I have on it. Sometimes I'll pull out the 60 year old Ithaca 37 20 guage for a change of pace. I need no other shotgun, but wouldn't turn down a good SXS if one ever tickled my fancy when I could afford it.

For rifles, I am covered with several .22's, .223, .22-250, .257 Roberts, .270 WCF, 7-08, .300 Savage, .308 Win, and .300 H&H, but I am constantly looking to add to the collection. I need a really nice .250 Savage and a 7x57. Both in classic walnut stocks as well. I wouldn't turn down a Kimber Classic Select in .257 Roberts either.

Three hunting sons; they have already staked their claim...:)

I have two sons who hunt myself. They will get my guns

Let us know when you're getting close.
;):cheers:

Guns are like money to me, no such thing as having to much! I have a 36 gun safe and it is over full but that just means I need a bigger safe! I have always wanted to get a higher end side by side, really like the Merkels. Maybe once I have one in the safe I will be done....Maybe.

The Kids will divvy mine. And no, the time to quit hasn't arrived yet . . . primarily because I'm still breathing . . .

JMc, Is dead on, on this one. Sorry onpoint , This isn't right, it's Blasphemy. He who owns the most toys , WINS. :D:10sign::cheers:

OK, Very well....Thanks, I feel better now. I will continue my obsession..Thanks for easing my mind..:cheers::thumbsup::10sign:

I think I'm pretty much done. I have 2 SxS's, 2 OU's, and one really ugly auto ;), and I've taken pains to make sure they all fit me, and I shoot them all well enough. I have 3 deer rifles (two levers and a bolt) that can also cover any elk/antelope trips, a couple .22's and that's all I really need or want at this point.

I went through a phase of buying/trading a lot of shotguns looking for that holy grail, but the grail is covered with what I have.

I'm in onpoint's position in that I could probably put a dedicated clays gun to use, but I have a medium weight OU that can take the pounding, and I load light 7/8 oz loads for it, so I can take the pounding.

Addendum; I forgot to list my 16 gauge Remington 11. Possibly the best gun of the bunch.

Back