Gunbroker and other Dealers

-Wildcat-

Super Moderator
So, after Dakotazeb and I hijacked some poor new member's intro thread :), I discovered some manufacturer's are actually still producing 16 ga. model shotguns (shows how much I pay attention to these things :D).

I'd like to purchase one towards the end of summer. I'd also like to get an O/U, so I can join you elitists :D.

I was wondering, besides gunbroker - where else are good places to look for new scatterguns? The only gun I've ever purchased new is my Benelli M2 Field.

I mentioned Gunbroker in the thread title because its been mentioned in UPH many times before. Also, they seem to have reasonable (and most of the time, bargain) prices. For example, I was looking at this beauty today:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=223347388

Any suggestions or ideas with this "working endeavor" would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

So, after Dakotazeb and I hijacked some poor new member's intro thread :), I discovered some manufacturer's are actually still producing 16 ga. model shotguns (shows how much I pay attention to these things :D).

I'd like to purchase one towards the end of summer. I'd also like to get an O/U, so I can join you elitists :D.

I was wondering, besides gunbroker - where else are good places to look for new scatterguns? The only gun I've ever purchased new is my Benelli M2 Field.

I mentioned Gunbroker in the thread title because its been mentioned in UPH many times before. Also, they seem to have reasonable (and most of the time, bargain) prices. For example, I was looking at this beauty today:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=223347388

Any suggestions or ideas with this "working endeavor" would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

Nice gun and a pretty fair price.

Hey Cat, I check several different websites daily and always look in the classifieds first. The last three guns I have purchased have come from those areas on various gun, hunting, or bird dog related sites. Gunbroker is OK and seems to be cheaper than GunsAmerica.

Glad to see your looking for an O/U...I have several O/U's but I'm not sure about fitting into an elitist category but I'll take that as a compliment :p. As for the 16, my dad has a Browing Feather in a 16 that was release a few years ago. It is a GREAT shooter and drops birds dead. Good luck with your search. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks Jim. The particular model I listed is pretty much what I'm looking for. 16 ga. with a 26" barrel. Nice upland engraving (I can deal with one side being waterfowl, as they usually are), and $1,500 is about as much as I would like to spend. I suppose I would call it a "middle of the road" purchase. I realize you can pick one up fairly a cheap model with little or no engraving, or a really extravagant model if you're willing to pay for it. I would prefer to buy new, although a slightly used, almost new model would be considered if the price is right.

The elitist comment was just for fun. :D

That is the exact gun my dad has and it is a shooting machine but does have a little recoil bite to it. I may be joining the most rare of elitist clubs as I bought my first SxS a couple of weeks ago :eek:. Yes, I was having a weak moment...:eek:

That is the exact gun my dad has and it is a shooting machine but does have a little recoil bite to it. I may be joining the most rare of elitist clubs as I bought my first SxS a couple of weeks ago :eek:. Yes, I was having a weak moment...:eek:

Oh boy! I'm not sure if I'm even worthy to talk to you now... :p

A little recoil is fine, let's you know you're actually shooting a gun. :D

Nah, that's OK, you can talk to me because according to the MAJORITY of this forum...I've lowered my standards by driving a Chevy...:)

Gunbroker and Gunsamerica sometimes have bargains, sometimes not. Remember you will have to add shipping, maybe $40, and have it shipped to a FFL dealer for transfer to you. Most charge about $30 for that. Some want to add sales tax and some don't.

You might check around with your local dealers and see what sort of deal they will make - you might be pleasantly surprised.

My local gun shop had Citoris on sale for $1350 not long ago.

Good points, I bought a gun on Gunbroker.com once, and it will be the last time. The gun had been advertised as "New In Box", but once I recieved the gun, it was obvious by all the gunpowder burns in the forearm that the gun had been fired several times, in addition, the piston in the stock had the threads stripped on it and the stock was loose on the gun. I thank God I paid for it using my credit card, if not for them, I would have been SOL. I had to file a dispute and only after the credit card company informed the seller that they were taking the money back, did they agree to take the gun back. It turned out to be a pawn shop of all places! Buyer Beware!

Good points, I bought a gun on Gunbroker.com once, and it will be the last time. The gun had been advertised as "New In Box", but once I recieved the gun, it was obvious by all the gunpowder burns in the forearm that the gun had been fired several times, in addition, the piston in the stock had the threads stripped on it and the stock was loose on the gun. I thank God I paid for it using my credit card, if not for them, I would have been SOL. I had to file a dispute and only after the credit card company informed the seller that they were taking the money back, did they agree to take the gun back. It turned out to be a pawn shop of all places! Buyer Beware!

Good point. Buy it over the counter and those things won't happen and the dealer who sells it will be more interested if there's a problem. My dealer tells me that he sees guns which won't function right out of the box, and he says it happens with all brands including Browning.

I've bought one gun on the internet via Gunsamerica. It was advertised as NIB. It was indeed NIB, but it was in the wrong box and there was no factory manual.. The seller wasn't interested in finding the right box. A minor irritation, but still...

I've bought several guns on the internet, GunBroker, etc. and I've never had a problem. Make sure you check the seller's feedback and how many items they have sold.

I've got a Citori 16 ga. White Lightning and love it. I weighs about 6.75 lbs. Handles great with 26" barrels.

Remember, if you buy a new Citori between now and May 31st you get $100 cash back.

I have bought and sold on Gunbroker and Auction Arms, I have had one gun that was not as represented. Ironically from a retail gunshop. All transactions were otherwise as advertised, and this accounts for 40+ transactions. All individuals I've dealt with were very conscience.

I've bought more from the classifieds of another forum I frequent, but I have bought off of gunbroker, and would do so again, if it is from a seller that has quality feedback.

My local shops don't tend to have much other than stuff that the common guy with a couple hundred dollars would buy. The auction sites are where you will find a particular model you're looking for. Or the Tulsa gun show that happened this weekend, 4100 tables, 11 acres under roof. A large majority of it is 115% above retail, but there were deals to be had.

If you are intrested in a 16ga. keep an eye on the classifieds over on
16ga.com. There are often good deals there and they are fine folks IMO.

BobM

I always check armlist.com too... Local type classifieds but see many dealers on there too. You can break it down by state and town if you like. Some state have many more posts than others.

Back