GSP in a Colorado Springs pet store

If anyone around Colorado Springs is looking for a GSP my wife told me she saw a GSP for sale in the pet store inside of the Chapel Hills store. She works there and has been watching him the last couple of days when she is on her lunch break. She said he is really a good looking dog but really skinny, skinny enough that she is thinking about calling the humane society. It may be a dog mill dog , I just do not know. I may drive up there tomorrow to look at him even though I am at the max the city will allow us to have I really havte seeing a dog in places like that.

Yea...for copheasanthunter :thumbsup: As an avid hunter, I'm the proud owner of two rescue GSP's. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Jim

my wife just called me and told me they want $400. for the pup and she believes he is 4 months old. I planned to get up to see him today but may not make it for two reasons, first I have about 4 inches of snow to shovel and Sara Palin is going to be at the mall today. My wife called me when she got to work, 7:30 am instead of 9:30 am, and she said the parking lot was already full. May have to wait until tomorrow. She said she would call me if the parking lot emptys up some. If we were not at the max the city allows us to have I guarantee you that pup would be here now if it were up to my wife. I think she walks down there everyday to see if he is still there.

sallysue, if you were here you would, I just finished shoveling my walk for the third time, city plow trucks keep throwing it back.
swellcat, you know i guess it will but if he does not get adopted out he may end up DEAD. so what does a guy do, I can not rescue every dog out there. In the little town in Missouri where my parents use to live the sheriif in town paid my brother , who was the dispatcher, to feed the dogs on his place that the city dog catcher caught. He never had one put down, now he was my hero. :)

copheasanthunter,
keep us informed once you get out from under the white stuff

I am leaving for a lodge meeting in about an hour, I am leaving early so I can go by and check on the little guy. Will let everyone know when I get back.
Jim

I just got back from visiting with the pup, here is the info
German Shorthair Pointer Male born 8/2/09
AKC registered
current on shots
micro chipped
comes with a guarantee to be healthy, you can take him to your vet and if there is any issues they will take care of it, or that is what they promised me
He is almost completely white except for his head, ears and a large patch right above him tail. I would guess he will probably tick uo some.
I did not have long with him as I was running late for my meeting but they did bring him into the reviewing room. I was sitting on the bench when they brought him in and he came over to me. sniffed me than went to the little half door that they use to confine you with the dog. I got down on my knees and he came over to me and snuggled up by me, I stood up and he jumped up on me to pat him. I than had to leave and all I had to do was hold his collar in my hand and he followed me to the person who put him up.
If the city would allow me to have another dog he would have been sold there on the spot.
It appears to me that he will be a tall dog as he is long legged.
If anyone is interested you can visit him at the Chapel Hill Malls Pet City, Colorado Springs,co. www.petcitypetshops.com if you live in the area or you can call them at 719 599 8899 to find out more about him and his pedigree.

Cowdog,
If you are serious they may let you make payments and I do know they have financing.If you are really interested go take a look at him see what you think and perhaps I can help you out some. Just PM me and perhaps we can work something out.

Did you inquire about the dogs pedigree? I know it may seem like a good idea to adopt him out but if he is in a pet store like that I would seriously question his breeding. If you are going to spend that kind of money save yourself the possible trouble and heartache and get a pup from proven hunting lines. You can't save them all. If he is in the Chapel Hills mall Im sure there are plenty of people thinking the same thing as you, wanting him out of there. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I did not inquire about his pedigree basically because I did not have time to do so. I thought if someone was interested they could do that but I will try to get away and check it out.

I was unable to make it up to Pet City but I did call them and the liitle boys father is Oscar De La Hunter
mother is Luckys Jewel
I do not if that helps much but I guess if someone was interested in finding out more they could call the store 719 599 8899

Back