GSP dog food.

I'm not going to feed my dogs byproducts or preservatives and if I'm looking to change foods this is where I'm going to look first.

We are all free to do as we see fit when it comes to choosing a feed for our pets. Nuff said.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but how many times are we gonna talk about dog food? Search the forums before you post. This topic has been covered way to many times. And birdman i think you've posted on at least one thread about it.

yes i did post a few times. doesnt mean i stopped reading anything on this thread. i did try a search before i posted. nothing that titled German Shorthaired Pointer food opinions.

i do have to say though everyone is entitled what food they want to feed their dogs. i just wanted some inputs what food works good for their dogs. ive seen bad dog food given to dogs that are rated worst and still in good health. ive seen rated best food be poor health to the dog.

im going for either science diet or Purina Pro Plan for GSPs.

I don't see any problem re-hashing old threads, especially considering we are constantly getting new members and there are new products and studies coming out all the time. It is very simple to just pass a thread up that you've already heard enough about. I hadn't even looked at this thread yet, but then I noticed all the pages and just had to look. Continue on discussing dog food and repeat the process next month if you wish. Those of us who've heard enough about dog food or have already made our decision will just move on.

I like to read the new threads on "Dog Food", to see if something new has been learned. I agree with KB. The new members should have right to get the latest information on which to base their decision. We all love our dogs and want the best for them..........Bob

i just went to purina one smartblend lamb/rice. from native and my gsp went ape """" for it. i ment to get the puppy but got the adolt . she is only 6 mo old but at 50 lbs and all legs.

if her letter mates are like her they must be big thing by now (she was half the size of the others)

Back