Grouse and Hun Opener 2022

Thanks guys. Saturday I hunted a quarter of pasture that is a WIA up in NE South Dakota. I found Sharpies on that quarter several times last year. This year the grass was very high and very wet from a rain during the night and heavy dew in the morning. Didn't find a single grouse. In driving around I found another large WIA that had a fairly good sized field of alfalfa on in so I'm heading back there in the morning to give that a try. I only hunted that one quarter on Saturday. I logged about 2 miles and Bree did 10.5.

Thanks guys. Saturday I hunted a quarter of pasture that is a WIA up in NE South Dakota. I found Sharpies on that quarter several times last year. This year the grass was very high and very wet from a rain during the night and heavy dew in the morning. Didn't find a single grouse. In driving around I found another large WIA that had a fairly good sized field of alfalfa on in so I'm heading back there in the morning to give that a try. I only hunted that one quarter on Saturday. I logged about 2 miles and Bree did 10.5.
Best of luck to you tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a successful hunt.

Best

Greg

Hey all, my son Jim and I switched gears today from duck hunting to do a little grouse hunting. It was a good day. Jim was the hot gun and was able to limit in about 1/2 hour. He got a nice double, then a single. I had to work a bit harder, took me 2 hours to limit. All singles. It was Addie's turn to hunt and she did very well. Excellent points and nice retrieves. Great day with my son.....I'm blessed!

I used my 16ga Garbi 100

ReCW0VA.jpg

Jim used his AyA 20ga Matador III

sQSutJD.jpg

And of course.....Addie!

3E4kBjE.jpg

Monday and Tuesday are duck hunting days.

Best,

Greg

Yup, I know they darn near fly to
smoke! They flew from mainland Mn to Isle Royale when it burned in 1936…saw the smoke from 20 miles away…it had had sharpies before that, but it got overgrown and they were gone. Then about 1/2 they island burned in 1936 and they came back…pretty cool!

Back