goose hunters

Can you guys make a recommendation on a good goose call for a beginner?

I have been looking at the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer Goose call kit, with the call, cd, and electronic call helper.

The other option that I have looked at is the QuackHead Goozilla Canada Goose Call Combo. This has the call and calling cd.

Bad grammer would be the cd I would buy by far the best.
http://www.moltgear.com/

I dont think going cheap on a goose call will do you any favors. The $100 to $150 goose calls are the easiest to blow. You should go to cabelas or scheels and just blow a few to see what you like. I like Tim Grounds calls but thats just me. His super mag or pro super mag are nice easy calls. Just my opnion. You can always call him yourself and ask him.

http://www.timgrounds.com/index.html

TBear is 100% correct :thumbsup:
I have a Bad Grammer CD and DVD you need them both the DVD so you can see hand placement and the CD so when you drive to work you have something to do.

I have a ZINK (Money Maker) call I think its easy to blow I like a couple of the Big Sean calls also. Don't buy a crappy call.

Thanks guys, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to waste money and I need something that will work for a beginner.

Sorry to hijack the thread too.

Thanks guys, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to waste money and I need something that will work for a beginner.

Sorry to hijack the thread too.

Post a picture of your new call and all will be forgiven. :cheers:

bad grammer dvd and cd best money you can spend on a goose call as far as for calls most every call will work well depends on pitch and ease of making it crack will be the biggest thing when shopping for one. I have a RNT G3 works well for me. Little man from Zink is very popular and anything Tim Grounds is popular. Most companys will help u pick one out. good luck have fun

ya she has but shes still smaller for a lab 50 lbs

Nothing wrong with smaller.. smaller generally means more endurance. My neighbor has two yellows, a 7 year old female @ 70 pounds and a 2 year old male @ 105 pounds. :eek: She kicks his butt in any speed and endurance contest hands down every time.

Nice looking pup teal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Goldeneye, great photo's and glad to see that we are getting our kids out and enjoying the outdoors!!:thumbsup::10sign:

As far as calls go, I have never owned a top notch call, but the ones I own I tinker with and I make some god awful noises for my hail call that would make most people cringe, but it works! Late in the season I even use my snow goose call on those big honkers, because they are so call shy and it works. You can't sound like everyone else down here. Sometimes best to shut up until they take a look and pass by and then give them some sweet music. You don't have to blow your call at every flock in the county, you can tell which ones are really interested and the ones that are not by watching their wing beats. :cheers::cheers:

Goldeneye, great photo's and glad to see that we are getting our kids out and enjoying the outdoors!!:thumbsup::10sign:

Thanks Blue:thumbsup: I have enjoyed stories about you and your daughter also. Maybe some year we can get together and let the kids do all the work as we BS and wait to shoot. :cheers:

I make some god awful noises for my hail call that would make most people cringe,

You must of been the guy calling behind Teal Dog and I last weekend:D :laugh:

This Tim Grounds call is on sale at Cabela's. It looks like a pretty good deal.

That should be a good call. As BleuBijou said you can also tune it how you want. If you have not had a lot of practice calling though leave it alone until you get the basics down.

Thanks the kid likes the early mornings she makes it fun.

Picture from the point you can see the water level from the summer.
006-3.jpg

I am jealous, not fair. I dont get to waterfowl until Oct 1. And even then its mostly resident ducks. :( Nice pics and keep getting 'em.:10sign:

I am jealous, not fair. I dont get to waterfowl until Oct 1. And even then its mostly resident ducks. :( Nice pics and keep getting 'em.:10sign:

Does this help??:D
013.jpg

Back