goose hunters

goldeneye

Dove season opened Sept 1 anyone have any Luck?

Early goose opens Sat. My daughter will be with in her own layout blind and Pink B-B gun ready to go:D
Hope to get a few good pictures at least.:coolpics:

Goldeneye,

Have fun! My buddies and I are stocking are building our decoy spread so we can start going each fall. I would be out this fall but I am on baby watch with my wife. My son is due Sept 10th!

I don't think I am going to hunt early goose but the weather looks like it should be nice and cool for you this weekend.

We are going to hunt up near Baudette for the duck opener and chase some grouse in the afternoons.

Good luck with the baby, JFan...you won't be doing much hunting this year!

Jeff,

Don't jinx me!

My wife is already ok with the waterfowl trip to North Dakota in six weeks and she is good with my early December trip to SW MN for pheasant. Along with some assorted day trips.

I married a great woman!!

Goldeneye,

Have fun! My buddies and I are stocking are building our decoy spread so we can start going each fall. I would be out this fall but I am on baby watch with my wife. My son is due Sept 10th!

Early season you don't need to many decoys. Couple dozen is plenty.

good luck with the Baby. :thumbsup:

@Jeff I can't wait to get up north for a little grouse hunting this year good luck.

How did she do in the blind today?

We were able to take 6 birds:thumbsup:
She is always the first to shoot when I say take'em (makes me proud) She must have shot at least a dozen decoys today.:D
We Just got unpacked cleaned up and repacked to head to the cabin for another hunt in the morning.

Pic from the blind (Wheat field)
002-2.jpg

taken aim (Run Big foot Run)

005-3.jpg

Awesome pics and story Lee.

You know, I wouldn't want to run into a jerk game warden. It would be just like one too give you issues with her in a layout blind and her BB gun. I could see one saying..that constitutes hunting. Where's her license.

Call me paranoid but I have dealt with some real dandy's over the years.

By the way Lee, that's not no SxS barrel in that one photo. Are you hiding some new toy? LOL

Last edited:
Hey onpoint I had a game warden stop by my mom's place to look at some quail that we were raising,and we had some 10 week old turkeys he did not know what they were. He had to ask what they were because he said he had never seen any young birds that looked like them before.Needless to say we had fun with this.

Last edited:
We were able to take 6 birds:thumbsup:
She is always the first to shoot when I say take'em (makes me proud) She must have shot at least a dozen decoys today.:D
We Just got unpacked cleaned up and repacked to head to the cabin for another hunt in the morning.

Pic from the blind (Wheat field)
002-2.jpg

taken aim (Run Big foot Run)

005-3.jpg

Goldeneye, simply awsome, good for you and your litte girl.:thumbsup::10sign:

As I think about this, kids under 13 don't need a license in Minnesota or a gun safety card. I'm not too sure he could do a darn thing.

Phil, my bud in SoDak had a federal warden who couldn't identify any ducks other then the common Stuff.

By the way Lee, that's not no SxS barrel in that one photo. Are you hiding some new toy? LOL

That is my Benelli AKA (Meat Stick) I have owned that gun for 20 years now and is my main waterfowl gun.

Made it to the cabin to find Turkeys in the lawn
004-1.jpg

We shot no Geese today but the kids had 4 juice boxes cup cakes and something else they found in the bag? We spent time telling old hunting stories from last year and riding in the boat looking for duck spots. we did see a few geese and the kids shot every decoy at least 5 times today.

Heres to the kids My you take me hunting someday :thumbsup:

006-2.jpg

Goldeneye,

Congrats! It looks like a good time was had by all. I am looking forward to taking my kids out as they get older. (and I get more experienced.)

Excellent day Lee, great pics as always.

Benelli? Does your CZ know your stepin out on her? LOL

Goose Call?

Can you guys make a recommendation on a good goose call for a beginner?

I have been looking at the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer Goose call kit, with the call, cd, and electronic call helper.

The other option that I have looked at is the QuackHead Goozilla Canada Goose Call Combo. This has the call and calling cd.

Back