German Shorthair/English Pointer Pups

Jubilee

I told my buddy I would see what I could do to help him out. He has 4 male pups left from an accidental meeting between his male English Pointer and female German Shorthair. They are a little over 5 months old and will be ready for the upcoming upland game seasons.

Both parents are excellent hunters and the pups are showing lots of promise. The pups are pointing, honoring, and retrieving to hand. All pups are Liver and white. I can get some pictures of them if you would like or P.M. me for his phone number. He was at one time asking for $50 just to help with covering the boarding costs of them, but he might me willing to work on that number if someone was willing to come and get one or two of them.

A buddy and I were just talking about him maybe wanting to get a pup for his boy. Could you post some pics. Thanks

I wonder if he docked the tails

I will try to post some pics this evening, and no the tails were not docked. They look more like English Pointers than G.S's b/c of this.

Here are a couple of pics of the gang, sorry couldn't get them out doing much inbetween the monsoons that we are finally getting

Decent looking pups. Might make someone a good, inexpensive hunting dog.

I'm not interested but if I was here are a few questions I would have.

How much socialization have they had?
Have they had all their shots to date?
Were the dew claws removed?

Yep, Thayer, KS

As far as the questions, I know the dew claws were not removed, Socialized...They are around their parents of course, another male shorthair and an old lab as well as a jack russel. As far as other people, myself, my buddies parents, as well as other friends that come out. As far as shots...I can only assume so, I don't know. If someone is interested I can pm his phone number to you and you can deal with him directly.

If I were in the area or even passing through, I'd take a chance on one. I hope they all find good homes and I'm betting they make good hunting buddies!

I think the potential is definately there, I think there were 6 or 7 in the litter, 2 females the rest males. Like I said both parents are rock solid in the field, and the pups have been introduced to gun shots also, I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they picked one up. I would, but 1.) I don't have room for another pup at this moment and time, and 2.) I would have a lot of explaining to do to my wife as to why I thought I needed yet another dog.:):eek:

Ugh, I would LOVE one. BUT I have to convince my wife, AND we dont have money for it right now. Will he still be selling in a month or two?

If they are not gone by then, which he would like them to be, but as far as selling them...His attitude about it the other day was if somebody just showed up he would make someone a "Heck of a deal"

He still has all four males, and is ready to just let them go to the first guy or guys to come along. Come by and take a look you won't be disappointed with what you could get for free.

Back