game/fish dept. in wakeeny

gsp4life

when i was in wakeeny last weekend i stoped at the dairy queen for lunch and the kid at the counter gave me some advice. he said that the game and fish department set up pheasant decoys along the roads. and they drive a little bit down the road to see if anybody stops and shoots the decoys. just a little heads up for all you road hunters out there.

The old warden from our area was a real P----. and I have several friends who are wardens and police officers.

He was setting up a Ruff Grouse decoy on a old gravel road, attempting to catch some teenagers who were hunting just up the road. The problem is, the kids seen him from down the road. Well, the kids jumped in their truck and came sailing down the road and ran the decoy over. They said feathers were a flying..LOL

I'm not for outlawing but I'm not for entrapment either

Aggressive Game Warden

when i was in wakeeny last weekend i stoped at the dairy queen for lunch and the kid at the counter gave me some advice. he said that the game and fish department set up pheasant decoys along the roads. and they drive a little bit down the road to see if anybody stops and shoots the decoys. just a little heads up for all you road hunters out there.

My hunting partners and I were stopped last season in Graham Co. by a warden, a younger guy, who seemed rather aggressive. I showed him my written permission slip to hunt the posted land but he called the land owner, a friend, anyway and asked him if he wanted my two friends cited because I had the only permission slip. The previous warden was perfectly happy when I held the only permission slip when he checked our four-hunter party some years ago.

I wonder if the warden setting up roadside decoys in Trego Co. is the same one I had to deal with.

Last edited:
warden

:cheers:Sounds like you ran into a Barney One Bullet type of guy....chest all puffed out and enjoying his authority...he he. Most of the wardens I have met were good guys...got to deal with a few that too excited about their job.

20+ years ago in Nebraska I saw a rooster in the ditch. I had my chocolate lab with me and she really loved to flush birds just to see them fly. I did have a shotgun in the truck but it was in a case and behind the seat. I let Brandy out and she went tearing over to this pheasant and attacked it. :) It was a decoy that was cabled to a tree. The feathers were really flying :):)when a pickup rolled up with a Game Warden. He was going to ticket me for road hunting. Asked to see my license, to which I happily complied but when he told me he would ticket me things got a little ugly for awhile.:mad:
I didn't have a gun out, only turned my dog lose and it destroyed his decoy. He finally "let me off the hook" which was total BS because his ticket would have never stuck anyway. He was a real P----K who went on to work for the US Fish and Wildlife.

Back