G-bay

Time out no bashing teams here:) I found out today that 9 out of 10 doctors recommend the Vikings 50th year celebration DVD as being the greatest sleep aid known to man:D
GO PACK GO:thumbsup:

Here comes aron rogers and Green bay. I made this prediction preseason. Just saying.:D
I've been hard on the Packers this year but they've got 14 guys on I.R. and no one's beat them by more than 4 points all season. Their biggest problem all year's been their lack of a running game, but it looks like James Stark may be helping fill that void when they need it most. Should be another good one in Atlanta Saturday night.

This should be an even better game then the first time they met in the regular season. GO PACK!

Stark had a few good runs and the coach decided to stick with him to much. Their commitment to the run almost lost the game for them when they needed a first down at the end. McCarthy's run run pass offense ain't going to carry them far. They have a great pass game but play it conservative when they need to move the ball.

Only good thing to come out of this season was Wade Phillips was fired.

And I thought the best thing to come out of this season was the Vikings firing Chilly! :)

Stark had a few good runs and the coach decided to stick with him to much. Their commitment to the run almost lost the game for them when they needed a first down at the end. McCarthy's run run pass offense ain't going to carry them far. They have a great pass game but play it conservative when they need to move the ball.
I agree that McCarthy's play calling is too conservative. The old cliche that "if you play not to get beat, you usually get beat" probably has a lot to do with why they lost all 6 games by a combined total of 20 points this year.

But can anyone name a team in the last 20 years that won the Super Bowl without a solid running game? I can't think of one. You have to win the time of possession battle by keeping your offense on the field and your defense off the field as much as possible. A one dimensional offense can't do that but a good passing game combined with a solid running game can. And doing that makes your defense even better.

Might never have been a superbowl champ without a solid running game but I doubt there has been a superbowl champ with as many injuries as they have so they aren't like any other team at this point. You have to play your strengths. Rogers can move the ball as good as anybody when he is allowed to pass and their defense isn't going to let a team score on them as free will. Can't really look at it like a normal team because they are far from it.

Coach is putting way to much thought into the play calling. They started to play not to lose at the end and it almost costed them the game. I like the full speed ahead appoach. You got talent use it. I must say Vikings did draw a pretty good blueprint on how to stop Vick:thumbsup:

I've always been a Falcons fan which is odd since i grew up in Nebraska. They have come back to win a few games in the last minute this year and the Packers game was one of them. Hopefully the homefield advantage rings true and they can handle the pressure. I'm just happy vick is done, never thought he was a good QB when he was with the Falcons. My pheasant hunting freind from PA still doesn't want to talk about their loss. :D

I've always been a Falcons fan which is odd since i grew up in Nebraska. They have come back to win a few games in the last minute this year and the Packers game was one of them. Hopefully the homefield advantage rings true and they can handle the pressure. I'm just happy vick is done, never thought he was a good QB when he was with the Falcons. My pheasant hunting freind from PA still doesn't want to talk about their loss. :D

Ok bently, Nebraska, Wow. Atlanta. You corn husker fans disappoint me. LOL lolm. Fair enough. GO PAKERS. :thumbsup:

I remember when i was just getting into football and i was watching atlanta play somebody when Billy "white shoes" Johnson catch a long touchdown and do his dance. Been a fan ever since. My Dad was not really a sports fan of any kind.

Billy "white shoes" :thumbsup: Should be a good game this weekend. My favorite Falcons moment when they Beat the Vikings to go to the Superbowl:10sign: I did the dirty bird for weeks:D

i remember watching that game, had the flu. couldn't believe their kicker missed his first field goal of the year in that game.

The Sea Turkeys did as I expected. Fell flat on their caboose. So now the Pack will be playing the Bears for the Superbowl berth. I want a Packers & Jets Superbowl. I hope it comes true for me.......Bob

Back