Forecast is out

watermen

The upland forecast is out and KS is up along with most of pheasant belt. Lets hope the trend continues, it's going in the right direction. :)

just got done reading the report very nice to hear it was pretty bad out there the last 3-4 years i was only turkey hunting in the spring but many it went from seeing & hearing pheasant & quail all over to not being able to find or hear 1 last few springs...

this spring herd roosters non stop & actually seen quail & prairie chickens again on dirt roads man was good to be back in KS this past april!!! herd & seen so many roosters this spring im going back this december to try for a mixed bag pheasant quail p chicken hunt the kansas weather in dec beats MN & the dakotas hands down... lol

It's consistent with my expectations. The farmers I talk to are seeing more birds. On my dove hunting trip monday I saw pheasant and quail. The quail were unexpected, I have not seen them on this piece of ground before. I don't know much about aging pheasants, but one of the birds I saw was surprisingly small.

Looking forward to the season...

That is good news. I have been seeing a few more around in my travels. Can not wait to see the full brood survey when it comes out for the county by county numbers. Hopefully soon

There was a really late quail hatch in our part of Kansas. I am seeing quail while picking corn that can barely fly. I talked to a neighbor today that saw some that couldn't fly yet. We will have the best quail hunting we have had in at least a decade. I saw a covey with 25 birds in it today, half were almost full size and half could barely fly. My guess is it was a pair that raised two broods.

I saw two young broods of quail on my place Monday. One of the broods the chicks were just barely able to fly.

Back