Food, INC.

Yep. Saw it. Beef Products Inc.. Wow, those guys produce a lot of what goes into our beef. Great movie.

King Corn isn't too bad either.

I will have to say I am a big Joel Salatin fan vs. the mass production AG issues we are now facing.

Sorry Chris I can't buy into the Salatin idea. It all sounds good, but the reality is you can't feed the US let alone the world only selling your products with in a four hour drive. If we want to make meaningful changes in the Ag Industry it needs to have realistic outcomes.

His idea of food production is fine if you can afford it. But you won't get 99 cent double cheese burgers producing food that way.

Just when we were getting over the Bruce M thread we have to stir the pot with this one. And it was two moderators who did it.

I didn't say I bought into anything. I said it was a good movie. Common!

Facts, Facts, Facts!

Wait a minute, Chris has a link posted.....Is this movie a paying advertiser?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I didn't say I bought into anything. I said it was a good movie. Common!

Facts, Facts, Facts!

If you look my post you would see my comments were directed towards Chris.

Most people who watch a documentary and say "Great Movie", say that because they agree with it. Not often do people say that was a great documentary but they were full of %$*&.

"2 moderators to stir the pot" - That's what I'm referring to.

Referring to the other part, I watched a Michael Moore movie which I thought was good. That' doesn't mean I like Michael Moore or even agreed with the content. To like a movie doesn't mean you have to have a strong opinion.

How are you posting without showing up on-line? You slick techy guys.

Referring to the other part, I watched a Michael Moore movie which I thought was good. That' doesn't mean I like Michael Moore or even agreed with the content. To like a movie doesn't mean you have to have a strong opinion.

Thats like saying "I liked the movie about Polyface farms but I puked my guts out because the movie was so distorted."

OH you guys are a good laugh. M you are too much. I promise not to push any buttons for a few minutes.:D I will have to check out those movies. I am at least thinking of raising my own eggs,chickens, and a cow or two now though. After the egg plant thing. Ha! my uncles stock in Golden Oval probably just dropped.

I am at least thinking of raising my own eggs,chickens,

Not that I am a bunny hugging flower sniffer, but we keep 4 chickens around for eggs. Not that I really save any money with eggs at the store costing 69cents. But I do believe that my kids should have the experience of getting pecked while picking eggs.

if your getting eggs for 69 cents a carton give me your adress and i will send some money for dry ice a cooler and about 12 dozen eggs they are around a 1.00 around these parts

you have better corn than we do and a couple guys i have talked to claim they have better deer but no proof yet

You guys better build a fortress for the chickens, my bird dogs kill them by carrying them around repeatedly, eventually bald, has a distinct impact on their laying cycle as well.

You guys better build a fortress for the chickens, my bird dogs kill them by carrying them around repeatedly, eventually bald, has a distinct impact on their laying cycle as well.

So far the 5 foot fence and the underground fence has kept them away from the yard birds. Left to there own they would kill them all dead.

Sorry Chris I can't buy into the Salatin idea. It all sounds good, but the reality is you can't feed the US let alone the world only selling your products with in a four hour drive. If we want to make meaningful changes in the Ag Industry it needs to have realistic outcomes.

His idea of food production is fine if you can afford it. But you won't get 99 cent double cheese burgers producing food that way.

Just when we were getting over the Bruce M thread we have to stir the pot with this one. And it was two moderators who did it.

M, that is what we moderators do form time to time is stir the pot. Landman was especially good at it.

I buy free range eggs and free range chickens but mostly feed my family on free range deer and free range pheasants. I take them both from the field to that table and I know what I got and I believe there is tremendous hidden value in this. The reason why I liked the movie is because is causes you to ask questions about the quality and origins of your food. Ma Bell became a monopoly and got deregulated. Monsanto might be next.

Salatin and Monsanto both use the word "Sustainable" in their agenda only thing is they mean completely different things to each entity based on who the market is. I just believe Salatin's definition is a little closer to the actual definition of what sustainable Ag really is.

I buy free range eggs and free range chickens but mostly feed my family on free range deer and free range pheasants. I take them both from the field to that table and I know what I got and I believe there is tremendous hidden value in this. The reason why I liked the movie is because is causes you to ask questions about the quality and origins of your food. Ma Bell became a monopoly and got deregulated. Monsanto might be next.

Salatin and Monsanto both use the word "Sustainable" in their agenda only thing is they mean completely different things to each entity based on who the market is. I just believe Salatin's definition is a little closer to the actual definition of what sustainable Ag really is.

oh and.....nicely put.

Back