flea and tick treatment

2cockers

Just wondering if anyone on here has or is using bio-spot. Im only asking cuz its WAY cheaper than frontline, but if its not as effective then why bother. Anyone heard anything or have any first hand knowledge?

I have used bio spot for the past year and a half with no side effects. Seems to work

What breed of dog Jasper? I really only ask cuz FC I assume used it on a springer and I will be using it on cockers, so I guess Im kinda wary. FC, has anything else ever irritated that dogs skin, or any other spaniels you know of use it with similar results?

I have used it on my lab, vizsla and boxer. No side effects on any of them. Frontline got to be to expensive with three dogs.

Just an idea for those who want to save a little money spot on's such as Fronline. If you have multiple dogs you could buy the xlarge size (normally for dogs 89-132lbs) and split it over two dogs, if they are in that 40-75lb catagory.

Example: at one retailer a 3- dose box of of Frontline plus for dogs in the 44-88 lb catagory is $46. A 3 -dose box for the 89-132lb catagory is $47.99. But if you split one dose of the larger size in half for each dog, it's a much better deal.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
I've been using Bio-Spot for the last three years and have never had any trouble. (When I remember to put it on!) It's considerably less than Frontline. I tried to split the dose on Frontline but it didn't work out very well for me, I couldn't tell exactly how much each dog got.

I just bought 6 month supply of Bio-Spot from KV Vet Supply in Nebraska for my 65 pound shorthair for 14.41. They have free shipping if you purchase over 50.00.

We've used biospot,k9 advantix, and Frontline on our french brittany which should have a similar coat to your cockers and we both are from tick thick Wi. All three are much better than unprotected but all three won't get them all. He tested postive for lymes during his yearly heart worm blood test and that was with one of them 3 applied every 3 weeks,a preventic collar, and the vaccine. K9 seems to work best and biospot the worse. I'd highly recommend having your dogs tested yearly if your vet doesn't already no matter what protection you use. From my research the antibiotics always are succesful if its caught early.

nursing bitches?

ive been told by a pet store owner that its not safe to use a topical flea treatment while a bitch is nursing. Anyone else heard the same? My bitch is due to whelp any day now. I have discontinued use on her but I want to resume asap, and if its safe through nursing I'll use it right away, otherwise I'll wait.

We're trying Vectra this year instead of Frontline, will see how it goes. Is supposed to repel flies and mosquitoes too....

What breed of dog Jasper? I really only ask cuz FC I assume used it on a springer and I will be using it on cockers, so I guess Im kinda wary. FC, has anything else ever irritated that dogs skin, or any other spaniels you know of use it with similar results?

Sorry for the delay, nope nothing else. As soon as I got it rinsed out well and washed with VET brand shampoo with aloe, it cleared up, but it was bad. I will not use it again. It may have been just this dog but I will not be finding out.:D

PS this was the shampoo not the drops.

Last edited:
Back