Fishing

Great pics guys. I am going to try Lake Savant in Canada this year. Lake of the Woods ain't bad if the weather lets you fish.

I did have an opportunity to troll for some kokanee salmon in Colorado this past summer.

DSCF9778.jpg

DSCF9766.jpg

Wolford Mountain. We didn't catch any and as usual was told, "You should have been here last week".:(

Fish Finder

Here is a couple trout from Gunnison, Colorado.

You know what you're dooing with a fly line, obviously. Nice! I love to 'em too.

Well I don't mean to brag but where I go we really slay the hogs.

Heres one from the last ice trip....hey JMB can you beat this one?

WhyChrisREALLYboughthisranger.jpg

seriously though my favorite haunts are Missouri river (SD), Rainy Lake and Lake of the Woods (Canadian side).

Thank GOD my wife likes to ice fish. I owe all these fish to here because I have quit ice fishing until her brother took us out once on Lake of the Woods. We didn't catch squat but since she liked to fish so much I got back into it and we haven't looked back since.

On this day you could see the ice crack underneath you as you drove across it.

MilleLacsDec2006.jpg

Personal best EYE
Chris25.jpg

15.5" Slob Crappie - personal best
MonsterSlab.jpg

42" Pike
DCP_1028.jpg

41" throwback Muskie (hows that for a minimum fish size?) 1st and only muskie caught.

DCP_0057.jpg

Last edited:
GOSH DANG:eek::eek: I would LOVE to get a hold of one of them big muskies. They pry fight a lil bit better than those bluegill over in the south fourty:D:D

Nice fish Chris. I will say you are older than I pictured in my mind. :D

As a teacher I spend my summer vacation guiding fly fishing trips in Montana, Wyoming and Utah.
Missouri River Rainbow:
MTJune2009113.jpg

Missouri River Brown:
MTJune2009122.jpg

Smith River, MT:
PaulMaxwithfish.jpg

After a couple months of skiing I will be ready to get back to the river! :cheers:

Like the view out of your office. YOU BUM!!!!!!!!!!!

UGUIDE, the upper MO is very nice country, but I don't mind the MO in SD. When I am in that area I am shooting roosters! It's all good.

UGUIDE, the upper MO is very nice country, but I don't mind the MO in SD. When I am in that area I am shooting roosters! It's all good.

Well the Wally's are hogs up the northern part. It's big water though.

I used to fish Steelie's in streams on North shore and also UP Michigan and your spot reminds me of those trips for trout.

Back