First Pheasant

bobeyerite

gunelen30019494965.jpg
gunelen30019494965.jpg
gunelen30019494965.jpg

Gunne, son Len and I went to a Game shooting Preserve today. This picture is his first point on a real live pheasant. Len did the Honors and dropped the bird in one shot. Gunne ran to it but did not pick it up. I learned what training I have to give the young man this summer. He is 13 months old so it should work out fine. Look George his tail is up somewhat......Bob

Last edited:
That looks like some wicked cover! Did you take a machete? :D

Nothing better than a dog froze on point... Eat it up, flushing dogs. :thumbsup:

Very cool Bob. :10sign:

Wildcat. If that was a flusher there would have been no time for a picture, just a well placed shot.:thumbsup:

Bob,
Good for you and gunne and Len. Glade to see Gunne has recovered from his Leg injury. Did you hunt Tony or just Gunne, that day?:)

Your going to have some great times with Gunne.:thumbsup:

that cover looks nasty for sure! but in a fun way. I WISH our game preserve had some thicker cover like that.

COngrats on the first point gunne!

Amen! Not only do pointers get the job done, they stop for a photo while doing so! :thumbsup:
:cheers:

Bob I wish our game farms had cover like that. I don't see much snow there want me to send you a couple feet? Can't wait to start working the pup again.

A Day that Will Live in Memory

What a great day, the first point by starting dog. The pic captured the excitement of the moment too -- the hunter at the ready walking in on the point. Thank you for sharing!

superb picture- 13 month old Britt and his first point on a live bird- sure looks locked up nicely-well done- computer background and you should print that and set it in a brown wood frame

whew- sure is different country than here

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to all of you for the replies. Golden, no we had snow but it has all melted already. Jmac, Len has a 11 month old GSP. We took just the 2 pups, it was their day for Pheasant Introduction. The Game Preserve has a Special on Pheasant 10 Pheasant for $100. Len and I went 50-50 and each pup got to work out 5 birds each. It was fun, we are now going to do some training and go back in 3 weeks and see how they improved. You know the saying "birds make a good gundog"..................Bob

Last edited:
Shadow, I took your advice I printed out the picture last night and put it in a Black wood frame with gold trim. I just now set it as Desktop background. You know it looks better than I thought it would. Thanks for the advice......Bob

Beautiful, simply beautiful. I have a real soft spot for Britts. Thanks for sharing. :coolpics: Steve

Back