Firewood

dukxdog

Well that's about the best way I can describe the stock on my, new to me, old shotgun. I was very pleased to get this one in hand. Charles Daly 12ga.

Looking forward to busting a few roosters with it this fall.

If anyone else here shoots vintage SxS shotguns for bird hunting we'd like to see them here.

Wow! That’s gorgeous!! My Dad has a Charles Daly Drilling that is a beautiful piece as well, but that wood is over the top. Enjoy that!

Very nice!

Here are a couple pictures of an old SxS shooter for you.

Cass

QHkg5kg.jpg

W0UqcxC.jpg

Very nice!

Here are a couple pictures of an old SxS shooter for you.

Cass

QHkg5kg.jpg

W0UqcxC.jpg

That gum must have 4” of drop

Yeah, they liked a lot of drop back in those days. I guess they shot with their heads up. That one was from 1904, an LC Smith A2 grade.

Cass

Well that's about the best way I can describe the stock on my, new to me, old shotgun. I was very pleased to get this one in hand. Charles Daly 12ga.

Looking forward to busting a few roosters with it this fall.

If anyone else here shoots vintage SxS shotguns for bird hunting we'd like to see them here.

That's a gorgeous gun Bobby! I am not sure I would want to bring that one out into the field.

My 1905 LC grade 00 does not have that much drop. Your LC is beautiful, Cass.

Attachments

• 577F2209-4D51-4A0B-BAD5-1BE89511B152.jpeg
    577F2209-4D51-4A0B-BAD5-1BE89511B152.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Very nice

Unmarked German 16 guage. Proofed in 1919. Engraved all over, horn trigger guard and butt plate. The other side has the figure showing.....

Speculation is its a Sauer action finished by a small shop. If I told you guys what I paid for it on gunbroker you'd call me a liar. When the description says "unmarked 16 guage", you can get a pretty good buy though....
IOZmoNl.jpg

Top is my plain jane Simson from 1965, bottom is the unmarked 16.
IWKRjp1.jpg

Back