Finally joined no more creeping!

SouthDakotaKid

Hello!

Decided to finally join as I have been checking things out for a while.

Currently residing in Nebraska, but SD Native.

Hunt 2 yellow labs 7 & 2 anywhere from ND to Nebraska the last few years.

Enjoy watching my dogs hunt and shooting a few roosters along the way.

Southeast, SD. 40 miles west of Yankton, SD. I am a SDSU Grad and the company I work for has an office based out of Brookings. Got some relation that lives in Watertown as well as all over North Central SD.

Last edited:
Hey Kid, :) Welcome, Give us some thoughts about birds and whats going on. :thumbsup:

Well I have yet to hunt Nebraska this year, but will head out into January as the season runs to Jan.31. it is no secret bird numbers are down here.

South Dakota was pretty tough in places this year. I think the drought was pretty tough on things and the predators pretty abundant, but hope to help that problem out later this year. Southeast, SD. was pretty slow, but still held a few birds. Hunted my uncles place about 40 miles northwest of Miller, SD. and he said that is the least amount of birds he has seen since the 70's. Hunted south central SD on a friend of a friends place and they said the birds numbers were down, but we sure couldn't tell by what we saw. Should of had our limit easy had we shot better.

Spent 5 days hunting North Central, ND. was pretty good considering we hunted public land only, but we earned every bird and put on some serious miles doing it. Locals claim it is nothing what it use to be, but we enjoy our time up there.

That has been the extent of my pheasant hunting this year.

Northeast Nebraska

Back