Feeding raw meat/bones?

I have yet to find a commercial food that will sustain my Springers when hunting several days in a row. Keep in mind I am talking wild birds in very rugged SD hunting conditions. I use "Taste of The Wild" as a base ration. (This food sustains them well under normal conditons and results in less than half the stool than most "premium" brands). Some of the biggest names in the biz are the worst foods of all. When I go to SD for ten straight days of hunting, I hit the grocery and ask if they have any dated meat, then I mix this with some fiber such as sweet potatoes, mix in some Taste of the Wild so they still get the anti-oxidents, glucosamine etc. and forget about the size of their daily non-hunting ration. I feed them all they want. This along with daily massage and a close inspection for injuries keeps them going, and keeps us having fun. I only know about Springers and not other lower energy dogs such as the Labrador etc. This may make your Lab fat, as they tend to put on weight pretty easily anyway. I am in Murdo right now, 8 days in and dogs are still performing well.

Take a look at Victor Dog Food. I think you may be impressed with the ingredients. I have No problems with hunting hard for 10 Days.

Take a look at Victor Dog Food. I think you may be impressed with the ingredients. I have No problems with hunting hard for 10 Days.

Thanks for the input, I did take a look at their site but the first ingrediant (beef MEAL) turns me off. MEAL can include hooves ,ground bones, hair etc. If you look at the ingredient list for Taste of the Wild, the first ingredient is beef, salmon, bison etc. The Meal is included, but it is lower on the list which means it is in lesser in quantity. This is what results in small, tight stools. Better digestibility. Also if you have NO problems with your dogs after ten days you are either very lucky, or not hunting very hard. I am looking at my year and a half old Glenwood Springer laying on the motel bed right now with two barbed-wire cuts patched with liquid bandage, hide missing from his nose and around his eyes, completely spent,but he will be the first one in the truck and ready to roll in the morning!

Back