Faulkton

JMD

Coming out to Faulkton Oct 27th for a few days, just curious how the crops are looking? The corn here in East/Central Indiana is drying very fast - a little too fast actually - dryest Aug in a long time...sorry, I haven't kept up with the weather out in SD too well this year. :confused:

Either way, always enjoy Faulkton, seeing old friends, telling tales, enjoying some good burgers at the "Shack" and a few frosty ones! :beer:

Thanks All---

Coming out to Faulkton Oct 27th for a few days, just curious how the crops are looking? The corn here in East/Central Indiana is drying very fast - a little too fast actually - dryest Aug in a long time...sorry, I haven't kept up with the weather out in SD too well this year. :confused:

Either way, always enjoy Faulkton, seeing old friends, telling tales, enjoying some good burgers at the "Shack" and a few frosty ones! :beer:

Thanks All---

I'm in Aberdeen, about 60 miles NE of Faulkton. Things are drying up pretty good around here after a very wet fall last year, a hard winter and a wet spring. Normally it's always drier in the Faulkton area than here. I know that was the case last year. Once I got down around Cresbard it was much drier. The corn also appears to be maturing earlier than normal around here so barring a lot of moisture in the next 6 weeks I would have to think the harvest will be well under way by the time you come out. Good luck.

Was at Faulkton recently. Pretty much as Zeeb calls it, a little drier there. Get just south a ways and they were pretty wet yet. Tulare and south all the way. Generally, the state is drying out and the crop report this am said corn is well ahead of avg.. Corn was planted early and will come out early with normal weather---whatever that is. Good chance of rain tonite! Otherwise, fall is in the air.

It is setting up to be an awesome season. Beans are turning browner everday. Harvest will be going full tilt in less than 3 weeks. Prediction that some corn will be coming off before Oct 10th.

By the end of Oct. predicting 75%+ will be off!!!

Buy lots of shells this season could be outstanding. No I do not work for the tourism department.

It is setting up to be an awesome season. Beans are turning browner everday. Harvest will be going full tilt in less than 3 weeks. Prediction that some corn will be coming off before Oct 10th.

By the end of Oct. predicting 75%+ will be off!!!

Buy lots of shells this season could be outstanding. No I do not work for the tourism department.

I am usually a pessimist but I share you optimism Deac. Largely due to the USDA weekly crop reports and them showing crops 1-2 weeks ahead of "5-Year average"

If warm and dry continues it will definitely be a pheasant fest come Oct.

Man, that is GREAT news...like I wasn't already excited enough about coming out, now I chomping at the bit even more - 33 more working days - not that I am counting or anything!

Only downside is I may not be bringing my lab Baylee out this year - she tweaked her front left leg about a month ago and is still a little gimpy after workouts. X-rays are clean, just a sprain or something. She doesn't whine or anything, just sore the next day and I don't want to do any long-term damage. I am going to try and "rest" her for a couple of weeks and she how she does - wish me luck on keeping a three year old lab "resting." We'll still have some GSH and Brits with our group, so we should be in good shape when we come out - it'll just be a little sad not watching my girl work. I'll just have to get her on plenty of quail & chukkars back here in IN later in the season.

Thanks for all the reports guys - hope you all have a safe & fruitful season!

Back