Estate tweed.

Must not be any sand burrs over there? Does all that clothing get you too hot when your walking? Cool pic's and thanks for sharing..:coolpics:

C'mon bleu, i could picture you in some tweed. Wow that would be a hoot. Can you imagine the looks i would get in the konga club wearing that outfit:D

C'mon bleu, i could picture you in some tweed. Wow that would be a hoot. Can you imagine the looks i would get in the konga club wearing that outfit:D

Enjoy the tradition. But I wouldn't make it very far wearing so many layers. You know all the things in Kansas that would just stick to that. But, I get the tradition and it would be fun to experience different and older traditions in hunting!:10sign:

That is a nice outfit. Good to wear a family tweed. Our traditions and outfits are different but a good double gun and good dogs bind a lot of things together. Thanks for shareing.

That's tradition, and very handsome duds. Men in the U.S. rarely wear coat and tie anymore, some not even to funerals. Many men here no longer even own coats, ties, and suits.

I guess that is the hunting dress code in England, but can you imagine showing up for a pheasant hunt here in the states dressed like that? My buddies would crap their pants. However, I'm sure we'd be the laughing stock also if we showed up in England dressed in our normal upland wear.

That tweed would sure be a magnet for the burrs and stickers over here. And about 100 yards into the field I'd be shucking clothes. The tie would be the first to go. :)

This is a nice thread.
I had to dig this up out of my archives, I do have some other hunting apparel by the way. :eek:
This taken in the Little Missouri National Grasslands.
One guy, a couple pups, day of LOTS of miles, limit of wild roosters.

Are them south Dakota pen raised pheasant MNMT kinda small:D Back to the cool outfit:thumbsup: You wear that every time you go hunting? I'd overheat and die in that:D

Traditions :10sign:

Note the stark differences in tradition here. While our traditions (MnMthunting's garb) may not be as steeped in the rich traditional British style as has been for ages, MNMThunting sure looks like he is waaayyy... more comfortable. :D

I think you Brits should ditch the ties and tweed and put on some chaps and don a shell vest and have at her... :eek: :cheers:

I do like your choice of dogs though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back