Downsized Vehicle

Hmmm, sounds like you viewed the Bronco Sport. The Bronco is just as big as the Enclave, once you see one in person (a real full sized Bronco) the difference will be quite clear. Pics to come this hunting season :)
Yes, I was looking at the Sport. I looked up the specs on the Bronco 4 dr. and the size is quite similar to my Acadia. Length: Acadia 193.4, Bronco 189.4. Wheelbase: Acadia 112.5, Bronco 116.1. The Enclave is much larger than either. Enclave: Length 204.3, WB 120.9.

Probably what sold me on the Acadia was the price. I got a loaded SLT for a lot less than I could have bought either a similar Ford Bronco or a Ford Edge. I've been driving Fords (Explorers and Expeditions) since 1994 so the decision to go over to a GMC wasn't easy.

You can get off the roads in that! I know nothing about those Broncos, it looks like the entire top opens?? Those big fender/wheel flares should keep a bunch of the mud off it. That should work!

Yes it does have a soft top, but it will stay closed up for the pheasant season. The public hunting parking squares are about as off road as I get for pheasant season. When I go out west next fall to Wyoming mule deer hunting the 4x4 system could get a work out then.

Back