down hill skiing

I am a snow boarder, but I haven't made it up this year and by now I'm sure our snow is terrible.

I tried it once and failed miserably kida like I did at water skieng I will stay with the tubes on snow and water good luck

Hey Shadow,
Colorado has had a great snow season so far in the mountains. Most every resort is ahead of their average snowfall for this time of the year. I've been up 9 days so far--working hard to catch up to my 16 days of pheasant hunting. Crested Butte is a great place and rarely crowded. See if a restaurant called Slogars is still there--it used to be a great place.
PairOfLabs

Well, I think CO should limit the number of non-res skiers allowed to infest our snowy slopes... AND they should pay more for their lift ticket... :cheers:

hee hee... just kidding shadow. But I did enjoy turning the tables a bit there...:p..
ENJOY!!... Crested Butte.. it IS beautiful.. and I'm sure you'll be welcomed :)

Hey Shadow,
Colorado has had a great snow season so far in the mountains. Most every resort is ahead of their average snowfall for this time of the year. I've been up 9 days so far--working hard to catch up to my 16 days of pheasant hunting. Crested Butte is a great place and rarely crowded. See if a restaurant called Slogars is still there--it used to be a great place.
PairOfLabs

yeah- I used to be a ski patrol- way back- we try for family gatherings- do laugh though- gave up skiing when I moved to Kansas- dang family got me back into it a couple years ago- brother and sister lent me everything I needed- and then dumb me- ended up buying expert skiis- last year I had an episode with a tree- yup- hit a tree getting a bit crazy

going to meet my sister and husband Feb 26th- they are going to read me the riot act- try to get me to ski with them- and tone it down- now what fun is it to cruise

thanks- I'll mention Slogans

grouchy- we ski cheap- looking for discounts everywhere- Shell Gas is the thing this year- 10 gallons gas gets you a buy one get one free
last year- you had to buy a case of Coors

my back is not good, my knee is not good, I should be smarter- as my family says- but I can only cruise so long before that ole get up and attack takes effect

but thanks- I've said I will tone it down- you see- big sister sort of still has that thing over me:)

Shadow, Crested Butte sounds nice. A little away from the crowds?

Wife and I just got back from a ski trip to Park City Utah @ The Canyons. I really like that place. Lots of blues.[/QUOTE

superb- way to go- my brother and his wife said that was nice

Crested has some of the most advanced skiing arround- check out the slopes way to the left- brother and his wife met me last year- course he took a picture of my tree- sent me the picture- with- trees don't move won't you ever learn-

If you all rember Sonny Bono?, that would be me. You guy's are nuts to put boards strapped to your feet, wax them none the less, then point your self down a steep hill with 2 sharp sticks and shove off.:cheers:
Ranks right up there with jumping out of a perfectly good air plane.:D

skiiing

Haven't done much since kids are grown. Been to Montana, Utah (twice), Colorado, British Columbia, Ontario and here in Michigan. Like Utah the best. The kids have since been to Kicking Horse in Eastern BC and really rave about it. Lots, and lots of snow.

If you all rember Sonny Bono?, that would be me. You guy's are nuts to put boards strapped to your feet, wax them none the less, then point your self down a steep hill with 2 sharp sticks and shove off.:cheers:
Ranks right up there with jumping out of a perfectly good air plane.:D

while I like sonny and cher- something is a little off with bono and the tree

you should see the picture of my sister and I up high at Keystone- breath taking scenery 12,000 feet- one afternoon I stripped down to shorts- wasn't to long before others were skiing in shorts-

you would have drooled- a chick in a bunny cap and white shorts and tee shirt- very tight- she never seemed to slow down

PC

I have lived in Park City for 35 years. Nice place but it sure has changed, and not all for the better. We just picked up another 8-10" of snow last night. Conditions are good.

If anyone is coming to town, drop a PM and maybe we can hook up for a beer. BTW, skiing is nice out here, but summer is the best season to be here.

Cheers:cheers:

driggs, those are some classic late 80's early 90's ski outfits. The neon is starting to make a comeback.

Jsdriggs, those are some nice threads.:coolpics: That powder looks great. We are getting about 4' of new snow right now so I may be heading up there soon.:thumbsup:

js- don't laugh- I still have my 1968 ski jacket, matching wool sweater and cap mom knitted- family had a gathering in South Lake Tahoe and brother and sisters said they'd bring extra- I figured to ski in jeans like the old days-
between them they set me up with a pair of 195 K2's, poles, boots, bibs, and gloves-

nice pictures- think that's a pretty nice outfit

I was leary of the new style skiis- called them spoonbills- there's a story of the first time I rented a pair of the short hotshot skiis

Last edited:
I have lived in Park City for 35 years. Nice place but it sure has changed, and not all for the better. We just picked up another 8-10" of snow last night. Conditions are good.

If anyone is coming to town, drop a PM and maybe we can hook up for a beer. BTW, skiing is nice out here, but summer is the best season to be here.

Cheers:cheers:

Dang JPH I just missed you and the snow. I was out a couple weeks ago. I really like the Park City area. One of my favorites!

Back