dog vest

gsp4life

can anyone recommend a good dog vest that fits? i've been looking and the ones i found look really good but the reviews werent that great.

Skid plate here as well. They adjust easy and fit well.

Another vote for the skid plate. Probably the most effective for protecting the underside of the chest and side area.

thanks alot guys. i went ahead and ordered the skid plate. we'll see how it does next month in nd. opener. thanks again.

I have never had luck with skid plates staying on. Maybe you have to buy more than the $9 version. The only time I use them is during deer season. The crazies come out then and a little orange on the dog does not hurt.

yeah thats the vest i ordered. see what happens when it gets here. but i've heard pretty good things about it and i might think about getting the neoprene one when the weather gets a little bit colder.

neoprene vest

What are you looking for the vest to do? Just provide some protection to the dogs underside? I've used this one from Cabelas with good success.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

I'd be careful with the neoprene vests in warm conditions. I also have a K-9 Skid Plate vest. They are quite popular and provide more protection than the Cabelas vest.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/dog-vest/k-9-skid-plate.html

I am careful with my dogs and the neoprene vests that is right about hot days ... After 3 years they look like they have been through a shredder on top from my dogs going under barbwire fences and even the underside has them.
You can costum cut them to fit your dog also.

Lazlo

just got the vest in today. fits perfect. and love all the buckles and the protection that it has to offer.

dang bob wire!

Was just talking to bobey about how my dog blows threw those fences and sometimes gets deep cuts on his chest or belly, sure enough as we were running this weekened a deep cut on his belly, wasnt to worried but next morning it swelled up so vet here i come gave me some clavamox i guessto drain the swelling and help heal that was 60 bucks! Any suggestions to help do those plates you guys talking about stay on or are they a pain in the you know what?

I have no help O.A.P., I just wanted to tell you I was out Quail hunting yesterday. Tony was on point and I walking to him, keeping a eye out for a flushing quail. My left boot got tangled in something. The next thing I knew I was picking myself off the ground. Had to take a hidden strand of barbed wire off my boot and blow the dirt out of my barrels. Got to Tony's point and 3 quail flushed and I got 1. I was happy, I was using my 28 gauge......Bob

Last edited:
freakin bobwire

must be nice for bird season to be already open lol.And by the way how do you beat usc and lose the next two games soon as i get on the husky wagon they lose ok back to the big 12.

I gave up on both Washington teams along time ago. They are not expected to be good as one guy put it "Anytime soon.".......Bob

Just an observation on vests. I have been using the Cabelas vest I indicated in a previous post on this thread. I recently got a Skid Plate also. While I've been out grouse hunting lately I have the Skid Plate on one Britt and the Cabelas vest on the other. I'm sure the Skid Plate provides more protection against barbed wire, etc. but I do like the Cabelas vest better due to the better visability of the dog. The orange Skid Plate is really not visable. The only problem with the Cabelas vest is that they only last me about one season.

Here is the one I use on my dogs... Have never had a problem with it... Got it at Cabels.... I think it is a Gundog brand

Back