Dog Food

Hello

Balanced Diet For Dogs

* Growing puppies and pregnant dogs need additional supply of calcium. Be sure to provide your pet with the essential nutrient in such special situations.
* The protein content recommended for a balanced diet for dog is 20 to 30 percent. Be sure to include protein rich food in your dog's diet. Chicken, salmon and lamb are good sources of protein, apart from pulses.
* Your dog needs 'fuel' so stay healthy and active. Hence, provide it with food rich in fat and oils. The nutrient also helps in improving the taste and digestive capacity of the pet.
* Minerals such as calcium and phosphorus are important inclusions in the balanced diet of your dog. The nutrients are required for strong bones and teeth as well as the development of cells and tissue.
* Cereals, pasta and rice are rich sources of carbohydrate, an essential nutrient required for the supply of energy to the dog. Complement the food with fibrous food, as to improve the smooth bowel movement of the pet.

Thanks
Have a nice time

Another here for Pro Plan Performance. I fed EUK to my previous dogs, my current pup didn't like it at all. I then tried Blue Buffalo and he had an allergy to an ingredient. I then supplement his food with pure organic pumpkin and yogurt.

I've said earlier on this thread that I switched from ProPlan to Nutrisource. I have been very happy with the switch and am feeding Nutrisource Performance now during the season. Dogs are doing very well on it. Nothing wrong with ProPlan, it was just getting more difficult to get here in town so I made the switch.

Nutro Natural Choice High Energy
Ingredients

Chicken Meal, Ground Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Rice Bran, Chicken, Natural Flavors, Salt, Soybean Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Egg Product, Dried Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Biotin, Copper Proteinate, Niacin Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Lecithin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Nutro Products supports the safe, ethical and humane treatment of all animals.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (minimum) 30.00%
Crude Fat (minimum) 20.00%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 4.00%
Moisture (maximum) 10.00%
Linoleic Acid (minimum) 4.00%
Magnesium (minimum) 0.10%
Zinc (minimum) 200 mg/kg
Vitamin E (minimum) 200 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (minimum)** 60 mg/kg
Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA (minimum)** 0.20%
Glucosamine (minimum)** 200 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate (minimum)** 175 mg/kg
________
Suzuki Jimny specifications

Last edited:
After having the hounds on PP performance for quite awhile, I thought I would never switch, I am right now switching over to Native and realy like what I see. The dogs are doing great on it and have more endourance.

Anyone on here make there own dog food... With the price of a good dog food it seems that you could produce your own.... I have met a few guys that make there own.... They feed all raw food... Nothing cooked... One of them uses deer for the protien and adds veggies and rice and a few other supplements.... With the looks and performance of his dogs I kinda wish I was able to do this also

After having the hounds on PP performance for quite awhile, I thought I would never switch, I am right now switching over to Native and realy like what I see. The dogs are doing great on it and have more endourance.

hmmmm i was going to switch to native to springer but the store that i was at told me not to buy it they said there dogs had trouble with it like terrible stools oh well dont fix what isnt broke

What level are you feeding?

I'm have been feeding level 3 for some time now and it is working great also.
If I'm doing a long extended trip (more than 3 days) where the dogs are putting in 4-6 hours or more a day in the field, I have found Level 4 is hard to beat with the added calories. They seem to maintain weight better anyway. For hard keepers or extended trips Level 4 is tops IMO.

Last edited:
What level are you feeding?

I'm have been feeding level 3 for some time now and it is working great also.
If I'm doing a long extended trip (more than 3 days) where the dogs are putting in 4-6 hours or more a day in the field, I have found Level 4 is hard to beat with the added calories. They seem to maintain weight better anyway. For hard keepers or extended trips Level 4 is tops IMO.

OK O,P you asked for more info so here goes, And B,S. they changed the original recipe because of the gas problem, it was common. Since then I haven't heard any trouble with that, some times those people switch cold turkey and that leads to bad stools, I learned that the hard way, I went 50-50 with performance to start and switched slow with no problem. The dog I hunt with alone I use level 2 and she has a better coat and eats less, hunts fine plenty of energy. The 2 I train alot hunt and trial I have on level 3. They haven't been on it as long as the other dog because I waited till I was done trialing, so I have not seen a differance in the coat, but no gas stools look beautifull as dog poo goes.the run is amazing I had the dog 1/4ing hard through heavy cover, brush and cattails with water in them and he did not quit. The endourance has improved a bunch. The bags are bigger and we get it slightly cheaper then PP. I would just make sure you get fresh bags and not the old stuff that has not sold at some rural store. If you get on the Breeder program you may be able to get it cheaper and sent to you depending on where you are. We can here with 10 bags at a time. I expect to see a differance in the coat and muscle tone in these other two dogs just because of what has been going on and what I see in the dog that has been on it for a few months.
There is all the info for formulas online at Native. But all in all I am flat out impressed. See how it goes, I am going to give it some good time and think I will end up sticking with it. I had ear infection trouble while on PP and that seems to be clearing up. I have related that to the corn I think. If I have any trouble I will let you know.

Last edited:
Back