Desperate

Mad Max

I recently traided an old pig roaster for a 12ga Browning BSS I've searched everywhere to find replacement stocks for it. I understand that I might have to take out a second mortgage on my home to be able to afford these stocks. Can any one help me find Repacement stocks. thanks.

Mad Max

desperate

I don't have any Idea. Cheap as possible I guess. I would even settle for plastic replacements. Remember I have recently retired and I can't afford alot.

Mad Max

I don't have any Idea. Cheap as possible I guess. I would even settle for plastic replacements. Remember I have recently retired and I can't afford alot.

Mad Max

check gunbroker.com and ebay
bobby g:thumbsup:

Nothing on eBay or GunBroker.com. I've been doing a little searching on the web and replacement stocks for the BSS appear to be very rare.

Mad Max, you didn't say if you needed the stock or forend, or both??? Do you have the original stock and forend? Are they beyond repair?

I'll keep my eyes open for you.

try Wenig stock makers in Missouri. I would bet they can make one for you I understand they are reasonable. They have a web site you can pull up or you can e mail them. Hope it helps.

I need both the front and back. The guy that owned it before me tried to customize it by cutting the butt stock and adding a monticarlo stock to it, The beaver tail fore stock was trimmed so that half of the side parts are gone. The wood is trashed but the metal is all in tact. Thanks for helping out.

Mad Max

Ran across mention of this place: Western Gun Parts in Canada. It seems that WGP had some repro wood made up for the BSS and may still have some left. MGW has fitted a few and commented that the inletting was very well done. Stocks were not fancy and came uncheckered, but very serviceable.
You could aslo try Ahlmans in Morristown, MN 507-685-4244
ran across this place: http://macongunstocks.net/browning_doubles_shotgun_100.html

Last edited:
You can get them right here. It says 20ga but I would call them and check in person about 12ga

http://macongunstocks.net/browning_doubles_shotgun_stocks_100.html

check these sources also

BSS Side by Side Sidelock Shotgun
Parts

Midwest Gunworks
1101 Mason Circle Drive South
PevelyMO, 63070
Phone: 636-475-7300
Fax: 636-475-7303
Website
Email

Western Gun Part Limited
17324 106 A Avenue
EdmontonAB, T5S1E6
Phone: 780-489-5711
Fax: 780-489-5717
Website

Service

Ahlman's Custom Gun Shop
9525 West 230th Street
Morristown MN, 55052
Phone: 507-685-4244
Fax: 507-685-4280

Midwest Gunworks
1101 Mason Circle Drive South
Pevely MO, 63070
Phone: 636-475-7300
Fax: 636-475-7303
Website
Email

Last edited:
desperate

Thanks Guys, I'm going to follow up on these leads. I really want my BSS to be as close to original as possible. The present wood is junk.

Mad Max

Back