Denver ISP show

The Denver International sport show is just about 3 weeks away and I was wondering if anyone is going, if there already has been a post on this subject, well I guess I did not see it.:)

I'll be there Friday all day working the FishExplorer.com booth:thumbsup:

I will be there to see Roy Davis about another Tent!!!:cheers:

I've never been; is it worth some window shjopping for an upland hunter? What kind of stuff is there? Thanks!

Hank Shaw the author of Hunt Gather Cook will be there, might be worth attending his wild game cooking seminar. I went to it in Sacremento and if I weren't a bass fishermen it would have been a complete waste of time since I don't have much interest in big game or waterfowl hunting.

I grew up, obviously in trout country. Enjoy catching them!! I began to Bass fish here and I am pretty damn good at it!!! I really do not like to eat either one!! For shear joy, Bass is where it is at for me! I do love the big trout on a fly however!! I also enjoy cooking with my Dutch ovens! I will, before the good Lord takes me home, have a cook book with all my recipes in the Black kettles!!! Oh, a nice string of Brookies is always a hit at Elk camp!!:cheers:

I grew up, obviously in trout country. Enjoy catching them!! I began to Bass fish here and I am pretty damn good at it!!! I really do not like to eat either one!! For shear joy, Bass is where it is at for me! I do love the big trout on a fly however!! I also enjoy cooking with my Dutch ovens! I will, before the good Lord takes me home, have a cook book with all my recipes in the Black kettles!!! Oh, a nice string of Brookies is always a hit at Elk camp!!:cheers:

I'd by that book Bleu, I also enjoy dutch oven cooking. Bass fishing is an art and very addictive. The only ones worth eating are 12-13" spots out of clear water though. They had a ton of fly fishing stuff in Sac and some nice outdoor art and photography booths also. I ask a few of the Alaskan outfitters there about ptarmigan and grouse hunting and never got more than a grumble for a response.

Here is a pic of my best fish last year, maybe she'll be over 10lbs this year when I catch her again.:cheers:

100MEDIA95IMAG0349.jpg

That is just wrong!!!!! What a PIG!!!!:10sign:

Thats just a baby in the Delta.:D The next world record large mouth (and spot probably) WILL come from Ca but which lake or water way is up for debate.:thumbsup:

If you ever make it out here in the early fall I'll set you up on a cast and blast for some bass and quail.:cheers:

Last edited:
That is one hell of a fish!

I'll be at the ISE show tomorrow evening working at the Pheasants Forever booth. Everyone should stop by and say hello. There will be four different raffles available for anyone feeling lucky!

That's definately a hog!! Nice work!! :coolpics:

I'll be at the ISP tomorrow with my wife and then bird hunting Sunday! :thumbsup:

Missed you all, I was at the SPortsmans SHow on Thursday, maning the Colorado Gun Dog Association booth. Mainly watching dogs and snakes...

Was there today for a short time!! Right when I was pulling in to the Coors Field parking , my phone rang!!! It was Hen, Hen Rooster ( Roger) from UPH !!! Said he was going to the show and was 15 minutes out!!! Good to see him as he has been awol for awhile!! Overseas stuff!! He had me worried for a bit, thought he fell off the planet!!! Got my tent ordered!!:10sign:

Last edited:
That is one hell of a fish!

I'll be at the ISE show tomorrow evening working at the Pheasants Forever booth. Everyone should stop by and say hello. There will be four different raffles available for anyone feeling lucky!

Say Hello to Bob Hix for Me. Rock on.:thumbsup:

Back