De-snaking clinic?

M. R. Byrd

I am looking for a de-snaking clinic somewhere in the Midwest/Southwest. If anyone knows of one, please PM me.

Thanks,

i know a guy in colorado that does them. and he is pretty good at it. I think its like $50 and he basically breaks the dog of the smell sight and sound of the snake. usually only takes a day. you can check out his website. he hasnt updated it yet though. www.nickelcreekgundogs.com John Augustine

They are having one at the Amarillo Bird Dog Club on the 22nd...$35 for the clinic...I think it's around noon but will get back with the right time. Not a bad day trip from Dodge City. I trucked it to Hanston and back not too long ago.

You might also check some of your local dog clubs. Most clubs around here usually offer a de-snaking clinic this time of year before hunting season begins. If nothing else, they might be able to give you the name of someone close by.

JMc,

Thanks for the information. I could get Web Parton to come to Kansas, but can't use diamond back rattle snakes in the state.

I am going to look very seriously into the Amarillo clinic for Saturday.

Hey Scoutdog...where are you located in TX?

I live in Austin, but I spend a significant amount of time chasing birds in the panhandle each season. I also make at few trips to Colorado and Kansas each year.

i know a guy in colorado that does them. and he is pretty good at it. I think its like $50 and he basically breaks the dog of the smell sight and sound of the snake. usually only takes a day. you can check out his website. he hasnt updated it yet though. www.nickelcreekgundogs.com John Augustine

I have been emailing with John, He is going to be "breaking dogs this week". I'm hoping that he will have time to slide me in.

I have never had a situation where "we" would need this kind of training. Not yet anyway :confused:

JMc,

I was able to get in the clinic in Amarillo on Saturday morning. Thanks.

Maynard, let me know how that goes. Glad you found the opportunity!

I will do it.

You know of any good BBQ or chicken fried steaks in Amarillo or on the way??? Don't know if the wife will be able to go, so if I go alone it will be BBQ, if she goes, chicken fried steak.

I'll be there as well with my boy Taz. Give me a call on my cell 8062822260 when you get to Amarillo and I'll get you pointed in the right direction for some good food. By the way, Taz will be the good looking white/liver GSP and I'll be the fat/semi-bald guy by his side :eek:.

JMc-

I will do it. Waiting to see if my wife will be coming. She will work till midnight on Friday, so if she comes we will leave dark thirty Saturday morning. If she doesn't, then I may head that way tomorrow(Friday).

See you Saturday.

Oh, BTW, there is a granddaughter due soon in Kansas City, and if that call comes, all is off and I will be on the road to KC.

Murry is the tall one-
DSCF9476.jpg

You will know me anywhere-
stick11Jan09034A.jpg

JMc,

Good gun shops in Amarillo? I am thinking about trading in some of my NIB(Browning 10ga BPS camo, Beretta 3901 12 ga synthetic, Tikka Lite T3 .223 synthetic, Benelli Nova Pump 12 ga 3.5") for a 16 ga S x S.

BritChaser-

I don't know yet. Murry has only been with me for a little over a month. I picked him up at the Kansas City Airport on July 15th coming from West Palm Beach, Florida.

Just back from a long road trip to Amarillo and back.(Four hours each way). The day was good. I had the pleasure of meeting JMc and Taz in person. Murry, the "gotta check out every smell and moving thing" dog, did a pretty nice back flip when the trainer let him have it when he went for the rattlesnake. Took him to the other snake and he did the same.

I checked out a few guns with JMc and then searched out the chicken fried steak for my wife(and me). The young man at the gun store said, "The Stockyard's Cafe" and was he ever right. A nice tender hand breaded chicken fry you could cut with a fork and half a platter of home made fries.

Thanks JMc for getting me in the clinic. We will have to get together later when birds are legal game.

Maynard Reece

It was my pleasure; glad to see you guys made it back safe. By the way, I went back to the gun shop and bought the Benelli...felt like I got a good price ($550 cash). For those who want to know, I had been looking at about every Benelli they make and just could not decide nor could I shell out the $$$$. Found a mint M1 with all the chokes plus they threw in a case. I know it doesn't have the bells and whistles but the damn thing points great and now I can try out the "non-gas operated" gun without breaking the bank. I thought M.R. was going to get it before I did. I give Murry a '10' on the back flip. See you again soon.
JMc

JMc-

Give me a report on that Benelli. You got a good deal, that's for sure. I need to sell some of my NIB guns, then I am looking at a 16 gauge, either side-by-side or over/under. With bird season coming, I hope I can sell some.

Just back in from the ranch. Murry and I were doing a little mowing. He seems to like riding in the tractor cab and he ought to since he has pushed me out of the seat onto the floor. He is a little taller than my late Drahthaar, but his 68 pounds is lighter than the 95 pounds of my Draht. Both too big for lap dogs, although they don't think so.

Give me a shout when you are this way and I will buy the sarsaparilla at the Longbranch.

Back