David0311

david0311

Just a reminder—

Just spent part of a cruddy raining day prep for season—

I’m sure you are all ahead of me but—for those that aren’t-

Have you gone through you first aid kits both for the one you carry in the field and the major one in the vehicle?/

Found it works best to empty them completely out —inventory and repack—note what needs to be replaced or updated—

David, great tip. Where do you buy your supplies? I was at Cabela's the other night they have nothing! Last season I had a dog get cut out in South Dakota and one of the guys I was with had a little powder that stopped the bleeding instantly. I need stuff like that.

David, great tip. Where do you buy your supplies? I was at Cabela's the other night they have nothing! Last season I had a dog get cut out in South Dakota and one of the guys I was with had a little powder that stopped the bleeding instantly. I need stuff like that.

What he used was now doubt Emt powder—developed by military to cause clotting—also available as a spray-
Both my kits are pretty much self made up—some of the contents are-

1. Compress to stop bleeding with direct pressure (Kotex) —Emt spray or powder-,super glue,stapler,vet wrap-ace bandage,
Hydrogen Peroxide, antiseptic gel/ointment, saline solution, forceps,Imodium,some packs of raw honey or Carlo syrup,

Field kit is pretty much limited to—Emt spray,compress,bandages vet wrap,gauze,honey,small saline solution, super
Glue,antibiotic,stapler-
That’s the basics —also have antibiotics from vet-

Give me a call Joel if you want more info.

Didn’t really answer you question on obtaining contents—

Amazon-Chewey-Walgreens-Wal-Mart-etc. have all needed contents-

Thanks David, I just ordered a few tings on Amazon, should be at the house tomorrow. My dog hit a fence last week and the wound on her leg isn't scabbing over because she keeps licking it. I will try some bandages and some glue maybe to pull it together. I have some antibiotics from the vet I have been giving her, I just need to close it up for another guide trip I have this Friday.

I've always had a first aid kit but am taking more seriously this year. Just bought a skin stapler and a few other new items. Barnes wire is my biggest fear.
don't forget to print the names of all the local vets and emergency vets in the area you're hunting.

I've always had a first aid kit but am taking more seriously this year. Just bought a skin stapler and a few other new items. Barnes wire is my biggest fear.
don't forget to print the names of all the local vets and emergency vets in the area you're hunting.

Excellent point on Vet—I forgot that-I enter their #’s in my phone—thank you-
What is Barnes wire?

sterile Skin staplers can be purchased on amazon and eBay for less than $10. I have used them a few times. If you order one, might as well order two. I throw them away after use for sterility.

Back