Danner Hawk Boots

Bite the bulet and get the Kenetreks, save yourself alot of shiping time, LOL
P.S, they run a bit small, about 1/2 size.

Bite the bulet and get the Kenetreks, save yourself alot of shiping time, LOL
P.S, they run a bit small, about 1/2 size.

The Danner Sharptails didn't do the job either so I guess I'm going to try the Kenetrek Extreme boots. I called Scheels in Sioux Falls and they don't have my size in the non-insulated model so they are ordering in a pair. I will be down there on the 17th so I can try them on and go from there.

Two things:
1) for those with fickle feet or need an odd fit, why dont you go to Russels and have the boot custom made to fit, get all the features you like or bypass the ones you dont like.
2) looking at the prices of the boots that are posted, why not go to Russels and get the exact fit and feature you like for a few dollars less?

Russels have a 16 week waiting period, but when you get them its like walking on a cloud. I have a narrow B width boot, I cannot buy boots over the counter or through mail order. Also, my left foot is 10 1/2, and my right is 11 1/2. I never have found a perfect fit until I went to Russels. All my hunting boots, and hiking boots, will come from them. My custom sized and made upland boots cost me $260.00 shipped.

Also, how many of you have actually had your foot professionally measured? The result just may suprise you. Most foot problems come from wearing shoes/boots that dont fit properly. There is more to proper fit then just where your toes sit in the toe box.

I had spent my whole life wearing size 9-9 1/2 shoes, because thats where my toes indicated was a fit. As I aged I found it really hard to hike all day even though I had kept myself in pretty decent shape. I went to purchase a set of hikers one day and the guy insisted on measuring my feet. I insisted I was a 9-10 size depending on the maker of the boot. Low and behold, I had been wearing the wrong size shoes/boots for 35 years.

Once I started buying and wearing shoes that actually fit my foot, I can walk all day, feel refreshed at night, dont limp, dont have foot pain. It completely changed my life.

I highly recommend to everyone that has any kind of foot issues to get a professional to measure your feet. And the best part is that its free!

dc240nt,

So your the one that takes the 10 1/2 left boots out of the box and puts in the 11 1/2 from another box.

dc240nt,

So your the one that takes the 10 1/2 left boots out of the box and puts in the 11 1/2 from another box.

:D:thumbsup:

That reminds me of a story of two army buddies who each lost a leg in the war. One lost a left leg and the other a right leg. Story goes, they meet up every year to buy shoes.

Last time i called russle they told me 6 months, that was 6 months ago, i think they would be a great boot but the ones i wanted were 400.00+. I might get a pair after this season so the time factor isnt there.

LOL! I've worked every angle I can think of with store clerks, trying to convince them that I really have no use for two pair of boots. Also, its practically impossible to find narrow mens boots in any department store.

And yes, the last time I ordered from Russles they were 16 weeks out. However, they are seriously worth the wait.

Back