cz 550fs mannlichar .308

Fantastic guns. Does yours have the set trigger(push it forward and set for a very light sweet trigger pull)?

I've always lusted after one in a smaller caliber such as 7mm/08. The .308 is the most useful overall. The only comments I've seen are that the full length stock hurts accuracy some, but that's a gun specific issue. Haing hefted many at gunshows etc. I don't care for the extreme drop at heel common to the European typestock. But all that said, I'm envious.

I can't wait to get to the range and shoot it. I will let you know what I think. The funny part was I was in the market for a new rifle just couldn't decide on what to buy. The .308 was on my list. LOL

I can't wait to get to the range and shoot it. I will let you know what I think. The funny part was I was in the market for a new rifle just couldn't decide on what to buy. The .308 was on my list. LOL

QL,

Let me know how it goes on the range with the FS 550. If you are going to put a scope on it you will need 19mm rings. You can get them from the CZ web store or Leupold makes rings for our guns also.

BTW I have been in the turf industry for many years in the KC area. Still run my biz part time to support my hunting/ dogs and to give my boys summer jobs. :thumbsup:

Kick'em Up!

I have two CZ shotguns and love them. They are no Benellis but for the price you can't beat them. A couple weeks ago I was at Flint Oak for a couple days and shot a ton of shells (around a thousand without cleaning) through my cz720 semiauto shotgun and it broke in nice.

I have a CZ 550 FS NIB in a .270. I have a busy few months ahead of me and then maybe I will get a chance to shoot it. I like the way it fits me and I am sure I will like the way it shoots.

CZ550FS_zps336db8d2.jpg
[/URL]

I went and shot the new toy today. I think I am going to have to keep this one. I really liked the way it shoots. Now I have to buy another scope. Does anybody have suggestions on loads for deer?

Well anything from 150 gr up should do it, but I think the 168gr weight bullets would give you the best performance. With that said most 168 gr bullet are match grade and not so much a hunting round. I shoot 165 gr interlocks from Hornady and get good group and good results.

Just my 2 cents.

Kick'em Up!

You absolutely can't go wrong with the 165 gr. Interlocks from Hornady. Whether you reload or shoot their factory loads. I have a friend in Colorado and that's what he uses in his '06. He uses them to shoot everything from antelope to elk. Years ago I watched my brother-in-law drop a big cow moose at about 300 yds. with his .308 using 165 gr. Hornady's.

Back