Crock pot

I use a Dutch oven, but same outcome, most likely; sauté onions, celery, mushrooms, celery, garlic in olive oil, season with black pepper and herbs de Provence; add 3-4 oz of Marsala wine or dry sherry; cook for 12-15 minutes, add a can or two of cream of mushroom soup; add chunked pheasant, sauté another 10 minutes. Transfer to crock pot, cook for several hours on high, or 3-4 on low. Cook wild rice separately, add to crock pot shortly before serving. Add 24-32 oz of sour cream, stir…top the dish with smoked paprika. I didn’t list amounts, but I use 2 large yellow onions, a full bunch of celery, 1 standard can of mushrooms, about 2 large carrots that I break down in thin strips with a veggie peeler….2 cloves of garlic…this works for about 4 birds….24 oz wild rice…I’d use 32 oz sour cream…2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. .this is very tasty, I serve it to lots of people, including non-hunters.

Breaded and fried and covered in cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon 1/4 or maybe 1/8 of what you think you would need . A little goes a long way. And then finish in the cock pot or bake. FC turned me on to that

Pheasant breast and legs with chicken or pheasant stock to cover, 8 hours low, shred the breast and legs and use in soups, chili, BBQ sammies, and or buffalo pheasant dip.

It just take a couple of minutes to pull the tendons out of the legs, alot of good meat there

Here's the easiest pheasant recipe there is and it turns out great every time. I normally use a baking dish in the oven but a crock pot works also. This recipe doesn't even require you to brown the pieces first.

PHEASANT IN CREAM SAUCE

1-2 Pheasants, quartered or cut into serving pieces (filleted breast pieces & de-boned thighs work best)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 – 4oz can sliced mushrooms
¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup chopped onion

Rub pheasant pieces with salt and place them in baking dish. In separate bowl mix together the mushroom soup, sour cream, mushrooms, parmesan cheese and onion. Spread this mixture over the pheasant and bake until tender. Baste occasionally with sauce during baking.

You could prepare pheasant any way you prepare chicken. Its not that different.
Has anyone ever had a Mississippi pot roast? I've also used chicken and have been thinking about trying it with pheasant. You put your meat in the crockpot and top it with a stick of butter, a packet of ranch and a packet of au jus. Then add a jar of pepperoncini peppers with some of the juice. I usually serve it with mashed potatoes.

Has anyone ever had a Mississippi pot roast? I've also used chicken and have been thinking about trying it with pheasant. You put your meat in the crockpot and top it with a stick of butter, a packet of ranch and a packet of au jus. Then add a jar of pepperoncini peppers with some of the juice. I usually serve it with mashed potatoes.
My buddy did this with venison. Top notch.

Here's the easiest pheasant recipe there is and it turns out great every time. I normally use a baking dish in the oven but a crock pot works also. This recipe doesn't even require you to brown the pieces first.

PHEASANT IN CREAM SAUCE

1-2 Pheasants, quartered or cut into serving pieces (filleted breast pieces & de-boned thighs work best)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 – 4oz can sliced mushrooms
¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup chopped onion

Rub pheasant pieces with salt and place them in baking dish. In separate bowl mix together the mushroom soup, sour cream, mushrooms, parmesan cheese and onion. Spread this mixture over the pheasant and bake until tender. Baste occasionally with sauce during baking.
Thanks I'll try it.Sounds good.

This is a southern dish. Take 2 pheasants put in crock pot with new potatoes ,celery , onions, carrots. Add 1 cup chicken broth, 2 jars of Ragu parmasan cheese sauce. Put on low and cook while you go hunting. Come in late that afternoon and put on some egg noodles. After they are done , plate the egg noodles and put the pheasant over top . Meat will have come off most of the bones during cooking or is very easy to seperate. Do potatoes like baked ones add butter, salt ,and pepper to taste. Very easy and quiet tasty to come in to after a day of hunting.

I have just done a version of Fajitas. Just put the Pheasant breast, onions, peppers, and fajita seasoning in a crock pot. The meat will just shred and put it on tortillas with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and whatever else you like.
Yeah I like it.

If anyone is looking for a really good pheasant soup then here you go. I cook my pheasant in a crock pot all day the day before in chicken broth. Then I shred it up and just follow the directions on this soup mix. It is legit and heats up well for left overs.

North Shore.PNG

If anyone is looking for a really good pheasant soup then here you go. I cook my pheasant in a crock pot all day the day before in chicken broth. Then I shred it up and just follow the directions on this soup mix. It is legit and heats up well for left overs.

Agreed. It's really good. Becomes great when you add a pile of mushrooms.

View attachment 7409
Do you buy it online or can you find it in your local grocery stores?

Back