Cowboys cut

bobeyerite

They cut WR T.O. Owens today. I knew it was just a matter of time. A lot of money and nothing but trouble.---Bob

They cut WR T.O. Owens today. I knew it was just a matter of time. A lot of money and nothing but trouble.---Bob

No kidding. He is trouble... idiot. I heard the Vikes are talking to him. Bad news for the vikes.

He will end up with somebody, that's for sure, and they will regret the day the signed him. As long as it isn't the Buc's I'm happy. I would love to see him end up in KC, they could use a big name WR.;)

Yes, he is a cancer. But, hey, if the Vikes can get him for 2 years, I say go for it. Year 1 is safe, always has been with him, and at the end of year 2, he's gone. Yes, I am a homer, but they are one good wide-out away from making a serious run. No, Sage is not going to be a hall of famer, but he is going to be a middle of the road QB, and that is all they need. (Well a decent coach too)

The vikes managaemant never did have many brains. They have proved that time and again. I don't know where I'd like to see land. Just so it isn't Seattle.---Bob

Yes, he is a cancer. But, hey, if the Vikes can get him for 2 years, I say go for it. Year 1 is safe, always has been with him, and at the end of year 2, he's gone. Yes, I am a homer, but they are one good wide-out away from making a serious run. No, Sage is not going to be a hall of famer, but he is going to be a middle of the road QB, and that is all they need. (Well a decent coach too)

Yes a good wideout and a decent QB. KFAN has been hammering on this for the last month. Has made for decent talk radio though. Do you listen to KFAN Rocky?

bobeyerite said:
The vikes managaemant never did have many brains. They have proved that time and again. I don't know where I'd like to see land. Just so it isn't Seattle.---Bob

Bob, Agreed. Oh yeah... your a Seattle Seahawks fan... Washington. Duh. Mariners have had a rough run lately. Mariners paid WAY too much money for Carlos Silva. He's not good. However, he played GREAT in a contract year.

T.O. can still make the big play but he drops about every 3rd ball thrown to him and I sure wouldn't want to upset my team's chemistry by adding him to the mix, especially a team with a young QB.

T.O. with the Vikes? Yikes! They got rid of Randy Moss for much the same reason the Cowboys are cutting T.O. loose. Why bring in another problem. Yes they need an outstanding receiver but T.O. isn't the guy. Let's see, the Vikes need a WR and a QB. And most improtantly a NEW COACH! Ziggy, wake up!

ESPN and the NFL channel on T.V. said this morning. The Vikes have signed off on him. The rest of the NFL, most have said no want also. They said the Chiefs, the Jaguars and the Raiders are the only ones showing any interest.

You think the Patriots may make a play for T.O. Imagine Moss and Owens on the same line together. Can you imagine those two egos on the same team and one demanding that they are not seeing enough passes going their way....:D

I'm sure Brady wouldn't mind, but how long before the antics would begin.

T.O. with the Vikes? Yikes! They got rid of Randy Moss for much the same reason the Cowboys are cutting T.O. loose. Why bring in another problem. Yes they need an outstanding receiver but T.O. isn't the guy. Let's see, the Vikes need a WR and a QB. And most improtantly a NEW COACH! Ziggy, wake up!

Well, apparently Childress is showing his ego about how he thinks he and T.O. can actually win together and get along. You guys couldn't get along before, what makes you think you can get along again!

Hence why I gave up on the vikes years ago. Tommy Kramer for life!

Patriots are too smart to get TO. Sounds like you MN fans aren't real happy with our ex WI coordinator Childress? Is that the consensus in MN?

Pretty much. We could use better coaching, but he's not that bad. If we just had a franchise QB I think the recieving core would be more than substancial. Then a bit of help in the secondary and they could make a run.

Would you believe the BILLS just signed T.O. To a One year 6.5 mil deal. Maybe that is best do one year at a time.---Bob

Would you believe the BILLS just signed T.O. To a One year 6.5 mil deal. Maybe that is best do one year at a time.---Bob

Bob, I'm down on the South side of the metro right now at my Brother In law's house and were watching the West Virgina vs. Louisville and I just saw that on the TV. Wow. Yes, 1 year at a time with that guy.

Well that broke up my conspiracy theory:
Brett Farve comes back out of retirement gets picked up by the Vikings along with T.O. so they can stay in the NFC.

I don't think you will see Brett in a Vikings uniform. 2 reasons. When he retired this time, he was injured and could need surgery. He also ran out gas the last 4 games you could see it and he could feel it. 2. He still has 1 year on his contract. So the Jets own him, that is why they wanted him back. To play that last year of the contract. The only way he can get to the Vikings is sit out a year in retirement and then go. I do believe, correct me if I'm wrong.---Bob

Last edited:
I don't think you will see Brett in a Vikings uniform.

In addition... it would ruin his Packers legacy going to the Vikes. Vikes and Packers is a rivalry that both fan's wouldn't agree with.

I sure would agree with Farve coming to the Vikes. Won't happen though.

Owens is a complete tool. Im losing interest in almost all pro sports as the egos get more and more out of control. Unfortunately they are the ones that get the TV time.
I grew up in the Walter Payton era. MOst TD's he scored he went and found one of his linemen and let them spike the ball. He knew where his bread was buttered. Imagine that..only spike the ball not pulling oyt sharpies or some elaborate end zone dance or some other way to get TV time.

I hope he flops in Buffalo. Not sure who I hate more - him or his doofus agent

Back