colorado springs hunters

A friend and myself went to the area around Hill City right after the opener, corn was still up and we did not do any good at all. Several birds got up out of range so needless to say we id not shoot.
I am going to Steel Forks pheasant preserve Sunday January 3 so a friend can see my dogs work and his son is going along ,9 years old. He, the son, has never seen a dog work so I am really looking forward to going to see what he thinks.

I use to hunt around Colby and always meant to go back someday, but I've found a few honey-holes instate that keep me from going. That and I cant find anyone to go since my old Pastor moved out-of-state

You looking for some company? :D

i'm just down the street in castle rock. i think there is a couple other guys on here from castle rock. got a great shorthair and ready to go whenever. :D

Been out to Kansas 4 times so far . It gets better each trip. I live up in Loveland.

Teamwork

Mark (Coppolella),
I am not from the Springs, I'm up in the Denver area - but I would be very interested in hunting KS with you before the season closes in a few weeks. Check ur PM, I already sent you more detail & my contact info...I have primarily been hunting eastern CO, but made one trip to NE & have been dying to check out KS too!

For that matter I would be interested in teaming up with any quality small group of guys and/or a few dogs to try a little teamwork in helping to contain some of that wild-running/out-of-range flushing & blowing out the ends and sides. Have personally averaged 2 birds in-the-bag per trip so far this year, but they are getting more wily by the minute with every passing day. It's pure heck trying to corral the little late-season demons from a single direction with just one man and one dog!...HAVE LAB, WILL TRAVEL!!! :D

Projected trip???

C-Springs/Denver chicken hunters!

I have the weekend of the 23 Jan open to chase ditch chickens. Anyone wanting to make a trip out to Kansas and give it a try? Could get outta town Friday or early Sat and hunt Sat and Sun....drive back Sunday night? Who's game? I have two labs but one is about done b/c of arthritis...still got one that is chompn' to get out b/c I was deployed all year.

Disclaimer - I have never hunted Kansas but have hunted thunderchickens in South Dakota a bunch. I assume we would be hunting the walk-in lands...

Anyone interested?

J

Back