Colorado English Setter pups

Damn it Rick!
you said you would call me if you had any leftover male/female.

Well, My renter, akc horseback trail guy talked me into some keg creek kennel short hairs off his bitch. Then I got a call from a client of mine and he gave me a Nickle Creek Kennel all liver male short hair that he paid big bucks for.
I guess everything go's in a full circle ......I used to run short hairs 15 yrs. ago.( Kevin Waden stuff)

If anybody is looking for a Broke English Setter Male 3 yrs. old ( Tricky Dick) We have one for sale for only 2k. Firm! This dog is worth well over 4 k if the times where right. The dog is broke and ready to trail.

HIGH TAIL SETTERS GUN DOGS
ELIZABETH, CO.
And now 1/2 tail SOB :cheers:

english setter pups

Sorry Dan ,I have one realy nice male setter that will be a big 55+ setter , but i know you wanted a Fem.
The Fem. i have left, is a fancy, tail cracken, ball of fire , but i think at this time it looks like it will only be a 75-100 yard dog ; not a big running trials dog like, i think you wanted.

How was your last long hunt?
are you going to change your name to [Shorttailbirddogs] hehe
wilson

No problem Rick,

Our last hunt we managed to shoot a limit of 747 between two of us plus some quail. It was a bad weekend as we got the truck hit by heavy farm equipment. We think the farmer had a bottle between his legs. Anyway, we turn him in for a hit and run and went back to the 5th wheel.

Going back out this weekend, they are saying it's going to warm up. If so, we are going after quail. I don't hunt quail unless it's warm, and nice out. ( quail are for counting and 747 are for shooting)
Have a great weekend!
HTS

Last edited:
HTS,
are you the guy that has the boarding place for dogs in or around Elizabeth. If so we need to talk as I have 3 GSP, you know those short tail SOBs ( : that I need to board in February as I aam going to Missouri for about a week to my dads 81 st birthday party. One of the guys said you kennel the dogs for $3.00 a night, feed the best dog food available and for 3 dogs you knock a $1. a dog off per day. If so I may let you kennel them year round. ( ::)

HTS,
are you the guy that has the boarding place for dogs in or around Elizabeth. If so we need to talk as I have 3 GSP, you know those short tail SOBs ( : that I need to board in February as I aam going to Missouri for about a week to my dads 81 st birthday party. One of the guys said you kennel the dogs for $3.00 a night, feed the best dog food available and for 3 dogs you knock a $1. a dog off per day. If so I may let you kennel them year round. ( ::)

I bet you would.......:rolleyes: We are building out the other side of the kennel now and installing 20 inside/outside runs. Waiting on the K-9 doors for the building.....come on brown we are still waiting!

where did you get that solid liver shorthair? i got my gsp from the same kennel. i think his name is john augustine. how your pup doing? what litter did it come out of?

where did you get that solid liver shorthair? i got my gsp from the same kennel. i think his name is john augustine. how your pup doing? what litter did it come out of?

Yep, thats the guy..... My client said that he is a real nice guy. ( I don't know him)
Dog needs works not because of the dog it was human done but I can fix it. he is only 7 months old.

Hey Guy's,
we have hijack Rick's English Setter puppy post. Sorry Rick, Any calls I get I'll pass them on to you big guy!

If any one is looking for a setter dawg these pup's are nice!
I trained one of his pup's last yr. that was a smart snappy little dog. Don't know how he turned out because the guy moved to Fl. but I bet the dog is doing fine finding quail.

Last edited:
setter pup

I have one pup left ; big ,tri color male , almost 10 weeks now , all the shots and is house broke /with doggi door.
took him on one pheasant hunt so far , loves the ride and the walks.
loves to tare the crap out of and cary the dead birds around.
he gets along well with the other 5 dogs.

could you email me some pics at krbaumann@scatcat.fhsu.edu. What are you thinking on price and everything. Also if there was anyway I could see a pedigree that would be great. We use to hunt with English Setters and man ive hunted behind some dandies. Damn Good Bird dogs.

One nice male left

sire.[Tomoka Jake]..Ch. Tomoka ,ch. pinekone max jr.,ch.grouseridge john, ch. susan's lady bird, ch brannigan , ch pinekone max , ch. southwind mike, ch. baraka , ch bob lee's stare , ch. hick's rising sun , ch. saml's skyhigh , ch. orchard valley skylight , ch. pinnacle , ch The performer , ch. brawny lad , ch. bob lee's dot , ch. Tekoa mountain sunrise

mom[ bandit] ........ ch. boomer's boy jr. , ch windy ridge tess ,ch amos mosley ,ch.The performer, ch. i'm dick too ,ch pinnacle ,ch. stillmeadow's benjamin , ch. brannigan , ch. tricky dick jim , ch. stokely's diablo jake , ch heartbreaker , ch. grouse ridge dixie , ch tekoa mountain sunrise , ch birdwell's hi avalon .

Last edited:
Back