cats

does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of neighbor hood cats other than live traps one they are to humane and two the owner of the cats always seems to find the traps before i get there to empty them im thinking of a shotgun blast in the middle of them but i live in the middle of town the neighbor has litteraly 100's of the vermin and they need to be gone

220 conibear,quiet flat cat, DOA. But you have to put it some where that dogs etc. wont get at it. They are a body grip that kills its catch. I use them for coon in a square plastic pail with bait inside. I have relocated many a feline with them.:thumbsup:

fcs i would use that but then i would have to listen to the tree hugging liberals who are against that sort of thing
nicwe idea

Put the live trap in the garage (leave door open one foot) with a can of tuna in trap for bait. Your neighbors won't see it then. And you can take the cats to a loving home where it won't be able to run free and kill song birds. Or Gamo make a nice gun I own one. :) Good Luck to ya.

Just about nothing as stinky as a intact male cat females to. I'd trap em and take em to the local shelter where they would be euthanized.

Just about nothing as stinky as a intact male cat females to. I'd trap em and take em to the local shelter where they would be euthanized.

This is probably the best plan but if the nieghbor goes down and adopts the cat from shelter then you got that wierd circle of life thing going on.

I like a 22 short but the Gamo looks even better.

Dogs rule and cats drool (but I got to be nice to my wifes 2 cats I inherited).:eek:

They are good little hunters though. Daddy is proud.

Meet Petey...
DCP_0839.jpg

....And Eddie....
DCP_0843.jpg

Last edited:
Cat Hordes

does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of neighbor hood cats other than live traps one they are to humane and two the owner of the cats always seems to find the traps before i get there to empty them im thinking of a shotgun blast in the middle of them but i live in the middle of town the neighbor has litteraly 100's of the vermin and they need to be gone

Your town should have a law in its city code barring pets at large and barring the harboring of large numbers of pets. Maybe a starting point would be to seek enforcement of that law.

Goldeneye has the ticket. I had the same problem in college. called the humane society and they said they would pick the cats up when I called. after the first 7 calls , she just would go sit in her truck for 5 minutes. Caught 37 cats in 2 days, some 3 times. At 50 bucks a pop to get them out, I am sure after 100 dollars the cat was too expensive. Tuna, Tuna, Tuna!!!!!!

moellermd its not that i dislike them i do but its the whole disease thing they are inbreeding and they are all goopy eyed they aare discusting and i would rather not take the chance of my dogs getting something from them

brittchaser i live in a town of 500 so there arent any laws persay about filthy cats dogs yes but not cats

brittchaser i live in a town of 500 so there arent any laws persay about filthy cats dogs yes but not cats

There might be a state law that could help you out. Otherwise have you tried training coyotes???Heard they are a good cat killer:D

If no laws can help the trap in the garage sounds like a good plan to me.

i know a guy who likes to catch them in a live trap in his garage then spray paints them different colors. that way owner knows cat was up to no good. i think bullseyes would look cool:D i painted capt coots dog once. the coot hates # 24 jeff gordon. he found a red 24 on his dogs butt. the dog must have been an earnhardt fan, he didn't care for paint job on his butt.

i know a guy who likes to catch them in a live trap in his garage then spray paints them different colors. that way owner knows cat was up to no good. i think bullseyes would look cool:D i painted capt coots dog once. the coot hates # 24 jeff gordon. he found a red 24 on his dogs butt. the dog must have been an earnhardt fan, he didn't care for paint job on his butt.

BC, I got to hand it to you. You and RD and Coot got quite a little circle goin down there in Ioway. The stories are great and maybe they could make a TV show out of ya one day like the Dukes. Keep up the good work!:cheers:

Back