Cat question

It looks like a Whitetail fawn to me too. What looks like the top of the fawn's eye socket is just visible at the bottom of the photo. I think the angle of the shot makes the ears appear to be shorter than they are too.

I agree It looks like a young fawn to me

Clever Set-up Question

Ok guys, I need some help with this one..... Got this picture of my trail cam last week. Camera's mounted about 3 1/2 feet off the ground. I think I know what it is, I just want someone else to say it.......

Steve

SUNP0076.jpg

Very clever use of the power of suggestion using "Cat Question" as the headline. Well done!

A fawn huh?? Well I guess I would have bet the bank it was some kind of cat? Thanks for all the input guys, I knew I'd get some answers here! Now, if I can figer out why the deer haven't been back in a few weeks????

Steve

A fawn huh?? Well I guess I would have bet the bank it was some kind of cat? Thanks for all the input guys, I knew I'd get some answers here! Now, if I can figer out why the deer haven't been back in a few weeks????

Steve

Husker, did I mention it was a KILLER FAWN? hahahahahah

Sorry, couldn't resist.:rolleyes:

Maybe another thig you could do is match the ears up to other fawn pics you might have on camera.

Ok guys, here ya go.. Here are a few other pictures from the same camera, tell me what you think. And yes, I emailed the pic to the local DNR just haven't herd anything back yet.

Steve

SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0111.jpg

SUNP0075.jpg

(And just to make you deer hunters drool a little, this guys heading for my wall, he just doesn't know it yet!)

SUNP0010.jpg

Screw the Picture that is a nice Buck in the last picture ...Where did you say you had this camera placed ?? :D

I still don't see where the photo looks like a fawn. I've attached picture of a fawn and the ears don't look at all similar in shape or size.

http://ecdphoto.addr.com/deer/48.html

Here is a whitetail fawn in winter (cold season vs. warm). Coats, hair and ears vary widely by season and region.

Husker, I am sure many assumed camera was in South Dakota where there could be a mountain Lion but chances of Lion in Il would be less.

Don't want you losing credibility with the crew here.....

Chuck, you got any trail cam pics of fawns in this season that would support fawn?

Ok guys, I need some help with this one..... Got this picture of my trail cam last week. Camera's mounted about 3 1/2 feet off the ground. I think I know what it is, I just want someone else to say it.......

Steve

SUNP0076.jpg
The angle of the shot makes the ears appear shorter than they are and yet the ears are still too large, in relationship to the size of the head, for this to be a cat. I think DC240NT called it right. Has to be a fawn.

UGUIDE,

I was trying to make a funny there with the IL deal... It is located in Hand Co. South Dakota about right in the middle of the state..

Steve

Only because you brought the subject up again UGUIDE, I guess I'll throw a little more fuel on the fire...

The land owner where the cat/fawn picture was taken made a point to chase me down this weekend and show me a picture he took with his phone the other day next to one of his cattle waters. I know I'm not an expert on the subject, but can say I've never seen a fawn with that size of paw!! :)

cat.jpg

Hey Husker, even if that picture is a fawn don't mean there ain't no cat out there. I ain't so good within tracking neither so I am not much help on those tracks. Don't look like wolf though.

Keep the conspiracy going as long as we can.

Back