Browning BSS fans

beaglebob1

Guys just bought a like new 98% + condition BSS 20 ga single select trigger, 26 inch barrels IC/Mod. 1050.00. Guy is looking for the orig. box. He says he has it in storage. Told the wife I bought it for her... She didnt buy it...Used that line to many times.:D

Guys just bought a like new 98% + condition BSS 20 ga single select trigger, 26 inch barrels IC/Mod. 1050.00. Guy is looking for the orig. box. He says he has it in storage. Told the wife I bought it for her... She didnt buy it...Used that line to many times.:D

The BSS is a good gun, maybe a bit on the heavy side, but I'm certain they're way overbuilt.

A friend, machinist by trade, sleeved a BSS 20 ga to make it into a win .458 rifle. :eek: It didn't blow up when he shot it, which proves it's one strong gun.

Bob, Congrats on the BSS. :thumbsup: That was an excellent buy. Normally I see ones in that condition going for $1,500-2,000. Over the years I've owned both a 20 ga. and a 12 ga. BSS. I sold both but wish I still had the 20 ga. Selling that was one of the dumber things I've done. They are excellent guns. Wonder why Browning quit making/importing them.

Congrats on your new shootin iron.

They are nice guns. I passed on buying one in 12 ga. with 26 inch barrels bored skeet and skeet. This was back in about 1990. The price was $600.00

20 20 hind site ya know.

Mike

Bob, Congrats on the BSS. :thumbsup: That was an excellent buy. Normally I see ones in that condition going for $1,500-2,000. Over the years I've owned both a 20 ga. and a 12 ga. BSS. I sold both but wish I still had the 20 ga. Selling that was one of the dumber things I've done. They are excellent guns. Wonder why Browning quit making/importing them.

zeb got the bss today great shape and lock up snaps tight. butt stock could have been better. perfect condition other than butt stock having some wear from riding in a rack.debating on whether to refinish or let it go.:(

i think it is a cost issue. ruger stopped the gold label i hear for the same reason. tougher to build?? seems o/u would fall into that as well.:confused:

I LOVE my 20 ga BSS (IC/Mod)! My grandfather bought 3 of them in the late 70's or early 80's. One for himself and one for each of his grandsons (me and my cousin). Its the sweetest shooting gun.....I shoot it better than most of my other shotguns. I should refinish the wood as its gotten dinged up from being carried so much. I'll probably take it on my annual pilgramage back home to Kansas in a couple weeks.

Chris

i have one as well. dont refinish it...those scars tell a story..:):)

Back