Boots , Women's boots

bamadraht

Well Guys My fiance would like to start doing a little hunting with me. ( She already helps with the dog training) I need to find her a good pair of upland boots. and accoording to her they need to look good to. So anybody else have their better half hunt with them that could recomend a good pair of womens boots?

Russell will make you a pair, otherwise good luck on a good women's hunting boot.

I saw this post and it prompted me to do some surfing on the web. I was surprised to find how few women's hunting boots are available. Danner does make one in the Pronghorn. If she doesn't need a high (8") boot I would suggest looking at some 6" hiking boots. I think there will be a much better selection available.

George, I agree with you - 6" hiking boot works well for my wife, along with a pair of low gaiters.

If your hunting includes wet/slough areas, then go with the taller boot. REI may have the best selection or Cabelas.

Thanks guys! Yeah its hard trying to find womens boots Irish Setter makes a few pairs as well as Danner but for the most part your options are slim and none. I think we will try the Lady Hawks from Irish Setter we will see how they do. Oh and it will be mostly perserve hunting, but she may start to chase some wild birds with me to.

Thanks guys! Yeah its hard trying to find womens boots Irish Setter makes a few pairs as well as Danner but for the most part your options are slim and none. I think we will try the Lady Hawks from Irish Setter we will see how they do. Oh and it will be mostly perserve hunting, but she may start to chase some wild birds with me to.

The Lady Hawks only come insulated with either 600 or 1,000 grams. That's a lot of insulation in either case. Unless you plan to hunt in quite cold temps the Lady Hawks might be too warm. But you'll have to be the judge of that. Good luck.

I tried buying my wife a pair of Danner Pronghorns as I really liked mine. She didn't like how they fit on her feet. Ended up going with some shorter Vasque hiking boots with Gore-Tex. She likes them. I don't care for a lot of hikers because being so short and often times the tongues aren't fully gussetted, so weed seeds and sticks always seem to find their way into my socks.

you might look for something from AKU. The Italians know their stuff. Momma has a pair of some hiking boots and loves them. I bought a pair of trail shoes off the internet and as soon as my foot was inside I said "this is them". Ordered a 2nd pair immediately.

They have lots of women's models too. Good luck finding them. Scarpa would be another good look.

CABELAS!!! I have tried Danner, Irish Setter... both sent me to the corner drug while pheasant hunting in SD for 2 years on a row crying for blister control. Last year I fell in LOVE with Cabelas Womens hunting boot... no blisters AND $100 dollars cheaper then those awful danners. The Irish setters were better but only becase the blister was somewhat smaller. Good luck. Nothing is more discouraging then putting your sore feet back into bad boots... and yes they were all worked in prior to the trip.

:

Back